Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size picture do you need to take with you to get the I 68? And can you go to the ferry to get it or just to the main border crossing??? I need to get this done like yesterday!!!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Passport pictures... I just had some taken at Wall-Mart a couple of months ago... M-59 & Gratiot...

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
You need 3, color, shoulder up, 1"x1" for each adult getting a I-68. Passport photos are fine if you want to pay for them. I did ours with the digital camera and printed them off the computer once scaled to size on photo paper. They accepted them fine. We got ours during the Cobo Boat Show, figured was right around the corner from the tunnel and Immigrations.

Jim

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can use passport photos, they will just cut them down to 1"x1" when you get there. It is expensive though since Passport photos come in 2's so you will have to buy 4 to get the 3 required.

You have to remember that you can only go get the I-68 when we aren't under "yellow/red" terror alert such as last weekend. I'm sure all the good law abiding terrorists will be remembering to get I-68's before coming over from Canada.

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
QUOTE(afiremen @ Jun 4 2003, 12:19 AM)What size picture do you need to take with you to get the I 68? And can you go to the ferry to get it or just to the main border crossing??? I need to get this done like yesterday!!!

I just got mine last Saturday in Algonac at the ferry. It was very quick. It took all of 5-10 minutes to get it for me, wife and kids. I used 1" x 1" photos I took with my digital camera. You need photos for anyone over 14 years old. Anyone younger than that will get listed on your I-68. Don't forget to bring your birth certificate and license.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
How long is an I 68 form good for?

Yearly renewal?

How much?

·
LSCN Sponsor
142 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Jun 4 2003, 01:38 PM)How long is an I 68 form good for?

Yearly renewal?

How much?
I-68 is good for 1yr. It cost $16 per person over 14years old.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know the regulations regarding trailering a boat into Canada? My folks have a place in Leamington, Ont., I'd like to trailer it down there and run to Put-in Bay, which means I'd be leaving from Canadian waters. I assume that I would clear customs at the bridge.

Any Advise????

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hmm, not sure how that would work. The I68 really doesn't have anything to do with Canada. The I68 is a form that Canadians need to land in the States or Americans need to land back in the States after being in Canada. I would check with your local Immigration office.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Karl 67 @ Jun 4 2003, 10:13 AM)Does anyone know the regulations regarding trailering a boat into Canada? My folks have a place in Leamington, Ont., I'd like to trailer it down there and run to Put-in Bay, which means I'd be leaving from Canadian waters. I assume that I would clear customs at the bridge.

Any Advise????
If you have the I 68 you should be all set when you land at Put-in bay. When you return to your trailer back in canada You will have to call canadain customs and check back in. At least that seems to make sense.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Does anyone know about laminating the I-68 to protect it from water or dampness? When we got ours in Feb. I asked at the desk, since I keep ours in a folder on the boat, and was told to go ahead and laminate it as it would keepit dry. Ihave since heard (after I did it) that it may be a felony to laminate it since it is considered a Federal document which doesnt make too much sense.

Anyone heard anything on this?

PyrateJim

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Careful answering the door Jim. It might be the FBI coming to arrest you for document mutilation! heheheheh

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
PyrateJim, I asked them last year when I got mine and they told me I could not laminate them either. So I kept everyone's that is a passenger on my boat in a ziplock bag in a drawer in the cabin and they stayed dry. Just a little wrinkled.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Does anyone know if a current passport would suffice?

Jim

·
Registered
66 Posts
As far as laminating goes.....

I know that you are not allowed to laminate a social security card, same BS legal document and all...

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE(Old Man of the Sea @ Jun 5 2003, 12:27 PM)Does anyone know if a current passport would suffice?

Jim
Instead of an I68?

Won't suffice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts