Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I thoroughly love going on the boat, I have so had it with the construction.

Especially on I-94!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes me an hour to go 20 miles.

What brain dead group is in charge of this frigggiin mess anyways?

Is there anyone else out there who feels like jerking the wheel and seeing just how far they can send one of those orange barrels flying?

AHHHHH that feels better, thanks LSCN for the scream therapy

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
For sure!
Seems every darn road is under contruction around here, shores / harrison twsp.
94-JEFFERSON-11 MILE-RIEMOLD-LANSE CREUSE-ECT...
i hear ya !

part of it is due to the new water pipes being put in and the colapse under the river near gibraltar trade center.

But i-94 been working on the same area for 2 years now !

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i am so freakin' annoyed with this construction, too!!
it's like why don't they do an area at a time instead of everything in the SAME area!! give us a dang chance, man!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
worth the journey?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rumpshaker @ Sep 22 2003, 09:53 PM)I tired of it ,,just to see my hot chick is a 2 hour journey
Does CK know about this?

(sorry, couldn't resist. Please don't kill me, CK)

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i'd never hurt you, snowbi!! it was funny! lol!!!

94 construction SUCKS!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Sep 22 2003, 10:00 PM)94 construction SUCKS!!
Yeah, I know. I'm in it twice a day.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I agree, it's a pain in the butt.
Livin right off I-94 and can't get on or off the ramp near my house.... Harper is all traffic, stop-n-go takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the boat. Was the same area of constructio last year too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
pi$$es me off too!!!! what i dont get is how theres barrels keeping a lane closed for miles where nothing is seemingly being done only to have the barrels eventually dissappear. get rid of em if theres nothing being done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It took me 1 hour to go from Cadieux Rd. to Wayne State Univ. (woodward) last week, I thought there was an accident ahead but it turned out to be a narly black fella in his underwear
walking down the center of 94. Called 911 on my cell phone (while laughing) and the operator said there were already several other calls. What next???
"Which way be da crack house"?????
AL

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 22 2003, 08:38 PM)Is there anyone else out there who feels like jerking the wheel and seeing just how far they can send one of those orange barrels flying?
MrSunbum did that with the little orange cones on the way home from Fla once. He was so frustrated with all the construction, traffic..and was bored. It was pretty funny.

Between the construction in New Balt, I94, and now 94 & 15.........we hate leaving the island. Takes forever to get anywhere.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
the ramp onto Metro Parkway from Westbound I-94 is supposed to be shut down now too.

what is best way to Beacon Cove now from the North? get off at North River rd, cut over to South River road, and cut across on Jefferson?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I agree! From what I understand, our roads are such a mess all the time because the amount of weight we let trucks haul on them. I guess most states don't allow as much. How does Detroit expect people to come to the Detroit area for tourism if you can't get anywhere????
STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I have no f'ing idea how you guys put up with that on a regular basis. I'm over there enough that it pisses me off like nothing else, but to live with it everyday I'd go postal!

·
Registered
481 Posts
what do ya expect from the mi d.o.t.???

this is the same crack squad of savy motivated personel who decided that m59 should only be 3 lanes each way in most spots between 94 and vandyke in the fastest growing area in the state, while the width of the island in the middle is big enuff to play football on.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 22 2003, 08:38 PM)Is there anyone else out there who feels like jerking the wheel and seeing just how far they can send one of those orange barrels flying?
I did it! And does it feel good. Very theraputic, and all the other aggrivated drivers will honk in support of you!

I've been in Chesterfield for 9 years now and I only remember a couple of those years where there was no construction from 16 Mile to 8 Mile.

And now, even the detours have detours. WTF!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts