Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have finally came to realize that I need to quit smoking. Manana II and my family have all preached to me one time or another. For those of you who know me...know that this week is the bad one and is even more of a reason for me to quit. SOOOO...on that note I have been trying after almost 25-28 years of smoking everyday...its just time to quit! OMG...my body is going througfh some crazy stuff right now. It has been 36 hours and counting since I have had a smoke.

Thus far sleeping at night has been the hardest. My body has been twitching so bad that it wakes me up. I mean some really wierd stuff is going on. Watering eyes, light headed, hard to concentrate, and very hyper at times. They say it takes 3-5 days to get all of the poison out of your body. This is pretty hard...but I think I can do it. If I can't do it for myself...I should at least do it for my loving wife Manana II

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
You can do it~I've got the faith in you. Stay focused and think of how much better you are going to feel in a few months.

Go Manana!

·
Registered
487 Posts
More power to you dude, I'm sorry we haven't met yet but we're all here for you man, maybe we need to start a thread for you like they did for Saleena. This is the tough time, gut it out. Shine on you crazy diamond

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I read that drinking orange juice can help with the withdrawls!
Keep up the good work! You won't regret it..

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THANKS you guys! You have to understand that I have only tried to quit once in my life. That means that each and every day for 28 years...I have developed this habit and have made my body addicted to cigarettes. It really is a habit. They say it takes 31 times to create a habit. If I can get over the first 4 days...I think it will be OK. In the meantime....WOW..I am serious...my body is really going through some BIG TIME withdrawls. I quit cold turkey...no patch, no nicotine gum...just straws and regular gum. I almost feel stoned, drunk, and hyper all iat once. Its like I am having my own little party in my head with all the other voices that I am hearing around me.

THANKS for all of your support. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Good luck man, I did it two years ago... It is hard, but so worth it! It DOES get easier, do not give in!
In 1 week, your whole body will start repairing itself.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
<_< Try drinking alot of water, it may help flush it out of your system.

I have also heard that there is something in black licorice, maybe the taste <_< that helps curb the cravings of nicotine.

Good luck to you, I know the little games your body and mind are putting you through right now. You must think of a very good reason of why you are quitting when you have the urge to light up or worse yet stop and buy some. Also, think of how much you would hate yourself.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
You said it yourself Tom, 3-5 days to get all the poison out. The key word here is poison and Im glad you decided to quit poisoning yourself.

No really man Im happy for you, stay tuff bro and dont give in.

YOU CAN
DO IT!!!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
41 hours and counting
My body still feels like a science fair project. About every 20 -30 minutes I get dizzy, light headed...followed by this huge burst of energy. Then I get the shakes for a few and then things taper off...I wish I could speed up the healing process.

If I could only have all of that money after 28 years of smoking...that would cover a pretty decent size of a down payment on a new SunSeeker™

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Tom I have these herbal supplements here that didn't work for me, but you are more than welcome to have them. Just let me know!

also, I have heard that about orange juice combined with another herbal remedy - something tartar. Not cream of tartar - that's a spice
- but if you go to a health store, they'll know where to point you to find the tartar stuff. I've heard this works from several people...worth a try to help the w/d symptoms

Keep it up!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts