Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switching from ATT. Been a long time coming. Can't wait to see the difference in service.

ATT sucks!

Here I come Verizon

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I've had it for about 4 years now. No complaints here.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I am another happy Verizon customer. Its not perfect, but way better than the Nextel I had before.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Welcome to the world of Verizon!
If you're doing any pruchases with Verizon Online, click through the little banner on the right here. LSCN gets a nominal kick back on accessory purchases, and new contracts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ May 17 2004, 06:49 AM)Welcome to the world of Verizon!
If you're doing any pruchases with Verizon Online, click through the little banner on the right here. LSCN gets a nominal kick back on accessory purchases, and new contracts.
I conjured up my deal through a dealer before I knew that we had this link, but I will need accesories that I will buy through our link. I did click on it and found that out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ May 16 2004, 11:32 AM)Sweet! More LSCN people with Verizon = free Mobile to Mobile minutes!

Thats what it's all about baby.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
I have ATT and they basically lied to me about if I signed up for a 2 year plan that my Nights minutes would start at 7PM instead of 9PM. Well, I signed up because my cell phone fell out of my pocket on Saturday and my riding lawn mowwer ate it so I needed a new phone. I got a free phone and a 2 year contract with 30 days to decide if I want to keep it and then no 7PM night minutes. They still start at 9PM.. I have a shared plan with my wife. How does Verizon work? Do they have a shared plans like ATT or if my wife also has Verizon can I call her from any state and so on? Does the phone work well on Lake St Clair???

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Verizon does have shared plans, which are great if you don't use too many minutes. They also have unlimited "in network" calling so you can talk to the wifey for free. If you or her are out of state fairly often, you'd want to have a national plan so that you don't have to pay for roaming. Then, you and the wife could talk free.

Note that in the shared plans, the primary line would have unlimited "in network" calling, but the second line would only have unlimited "in family" calling, meaning calles between your two phones.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
i've been with verizon since they were airtouch. i just picked up my new free phone ($100 credit towards a new phone every 2 years if you sign another contract).

i've had the same plan for eons. it's a national plan that verizon doesn't offer any longer, and i've been told to not change my plan. i have no roaming areas when calling from 11 different states (MI, OH, IL, IN, KY, etc.)

i only have 400 anytime minutes and i want more, but i'll lose the plan i have. i travel, but not a lot, so i contemplate whether i should get a new plan but i'm worried that when i travel, i'll enter into one of the many areas that verizon does not cover (roaming).

i pay $45 month, 400 anytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends.

for you verizon customers only, how many anytime minutes do you have and what plan do you have (local; national)?

·
Registered
184 Posts
We switched over to Verizon (from Sprint) in February. I'm mostly happy with them, but I'm not wild about the new phone. It's not as comfortable as the clunky old dinosaur I had with sprint and harder to dial when driving down the road
(better to stick to the voice command and headset while driving)
We're on a 400 peak minute national family share plan that allows us to talk to each other as much as we like. He knows a number of other people that have verizon, so he gets the mobile to mobile unlimited minutes. We have the national plan so we can talk anywhere out of state on the verizon network without roaming. The coverage area is better than Sprint, but oddly, my desk at work must be right on the edge between service locations. I sometimes get cut off if I move my chair too far in one direction. <_<

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Togic @ May 17 2004, 11:49 AM)The coverage area is better than Sprint, but oddly, my desk at work must be right on the edge between service locations. I sometimes get cut off if I move my chair too far in one direction.

The same thing happens at my desk, but as soon as I step outside I get a full strength signal. Too many fluorescents and computers I guess.?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just switched to Verizon Saturday and I couldnt be happier. I was with T-Mobil and they sucked, I couldnt talk in the city I lived in or at my desk, or in my slip at the Marina. now I have all Bars all the time. I went for the upgrade for the phone and got that LG model. this phone is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I will just say it does everything and more.

·
12,052 Posts
I use my free Verizon to Verizon minutes all the time.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
if it's not too personal, how much are you paying for your plan?

and if you haven't already posted, how many anytime minutes/plan do you have and the cost?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm dancing the frickin jig here! Now, I don't come home praying you'll let me throw your phone up against the wall!
Thank you for finally joining the Verizon family!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ May 17 2004, 01:54 PM)if it's not too personal, how much are you paying for your plan?

and if you haven't already posted, how many anytime minutes/plan do you have and the cost?
Del - not sure what Bill is paying, but here's my plan.

I have the 1200 anytime minutes - 1000 mobile to mobile minutes - unlimited weekend minute plan for $90.

I use my phone for work more so I had to up my plan, but the 800 minute plan with 1000 mobile to mobile minutes and 2000 weekends is about $50 I think.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
QUOTE(Ladybug @ May 17 2004, 11:57 AM)QUOTE(delsolcruz @ May 17 2004, 01:54 PM) if it's not too personal, how much are you paying for your plan?

Del - not sure what Bill is paying, but here's my plan.

I have the 1200 anytime minutes - 1000 mobile to mobile minutes - unlimited weekend minute plan for $90.

I use my phone for work more so I had to up my plan, but the 800 minute plan with 1000 mobile to mobile minutes and 2000 weekends is about $50 I think.

Good Luck!
call Mary, it should be 79.99. i have that one (kinda I get a GM discount) but thats what is is before the discount.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts