Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

I am woman.....

1K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ThreeCrabs 
#1 ·
OK-

how many of you ladies can fix thing's yourself?

I had to take apart my vaccum cleaner tonight-

it wouldn't "suck" (please keep your comments to yourself)
so I sat on the floor w/ a screwdriver and sissors and my vaccum.......needless to say It's all fixed....w/ NO extra parts and I didn't even break a nail

So...what's next????

( except my Durango...can't fix that) or can I ???

See less See more
#2 ·
...biting my tongue...even I have to keep my comments to myself?!?!?!?!?!

YOU GO GIRL - CHICK POWER.

#3 ·
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 9 2003, 10:14 PM)OK-

so I sat on the floor w/ a screwdriver and sissors and my vaccum.......needless to say It's all fixed....w/ NO extra parts and I didn't even break a nail

So...what's next????

I can cook, clean and do my own laundry......So what is you point??

J/K With the right manual and tools you probabbly could fix the Durangeo.

#5 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 9 2003, 10:18 PM)QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 9 2003, 10:14 PM) OK-

So...what's next????

I can cook, clean and do my own laundry......So what is you point??

J/K With the right manual and tools you probabbly could fix the Durangeo.
HEY.........

j/k patrick

#7 ·
Lisa that is a very scary question! ummm come to think about it, I really don't think I can fix a dawg dang darn thing if I needed!
I'm trying to think what the heck could I fix I can barely hang up pictures!
I can paint walls, move furniture have ideas of where to put things but put up a shelf, change the filter in the furnance, faaagettabout it! That's really sad to think about it! I'd be lost on my own literally! Larry knows how to do just about anything, now if I could only get him to do some of it!!
It sure is good to have a handy dandy guy around........I better go thank him!

You go girl!!

#9 ·
QUOTE(jewels @ Dec 9 2003, 10:22 PM)Lisa that is a very scary question! ummm come to think about it, I really don't think I can fix a dawg dang darn thing if I needed!
I'm trying to think what the heck could I fix I can barely hang up pictures!
I can paint walls, move furniture have ideas of where to put things but put up a shelf, change the filter in the furnance, faaagettabout it! That's really sad to think about it! I'd be lost on my own literally! Larry knows how to do just about anything, now if I could only get him to do some of it!!
It sure is good to have a handy dandy guy around........I better go thank him!

You go girl!!

that's cool Jewel's!

My ex tried to fix things BUT usually ended up breaking them more................

I think it had something to do w/ him getting frustrated and throwing them across the room

#10 ·
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 9 2003, 10:26 PM)If I had a "Handy" guy hanging around I would definatley find something BETTER for him to do than fix things for me......

oops.........Did I say that out loud???

thanks, I needed that laugh, girlie girl.

I have a fever and I think I need to go to bed.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Dec 9 2003, 10:31 PM)QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 9 2003, 10:26 PM) If I had a "Handy" guy hanging around I would definatley find something BETTER for him to do than fix things for me......

thanks, I needed that laugh, girlie girl.

I have a fever and I think I need to go to bed.
plenty of liquid's my dear !

sleep will also help....you have an early meeting............

#12 ·
QUOTEpuppetshow Posted on Dec 9 2003, 10:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I had a "Handy" guy hanging around I would definatley find something BETTER for him to do than fix things for me......

HHHmmmmmmmmm.....

#13 ·
AWESOME! Lisa. I am so bad at fixing things myself I wait until Bill gets home and give it to him. Not mechanically minded. It literally takes me 4 times longer to do something like that than to just wait for Bill. Ah, well. There are other things I am much better at, hehe

#14 ·
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Dec 9 2003, 10:14 PM)I had to take apart my vaccum cleaner tonight-

So...what's next????

I fix many things....I am my father's only "son" (he had all daughters) he says.....

I helped my husband change the bilge pump on our other boat this summer.....I fixed our frig, dryer, and a few other things just a few weeks ago...

I love it.....

#15 ·
sincerely, my mom also thinks she had all sons. she says to me, "of the kids we had, YOU are the one we do NOT worry about. YOU will always figure out a way t o survive."
and i do.
i am TOO independant. i am sorry. but i am. just ask rump. it can be a downfall.
he knows first hand, and that is NOT a bad thing to say. he knows. and i still...well, like him... but not in that way.
but i AM like a guy... it's MY way, or the highway.

#16 ·
lol when I saw the title of this thread I thought - "Wheres that pic of CK growling with a Kit Kat superimposed in her hand???"

I can fix vacuums, put set up VCR's and put together a computer, can't say I've tried my hand at cars though

#17 ·
As the daughter of a truck driver, Step-daughter of a coast gaurd chief and sister of two grease monkeys...I had to learn how to work on cars....the basics, before I was even allowed to get my license. LOL I also helped my brother restore his '68 Mustang.

I can also use a high heel shoe to nail anything. Brian got so tired of seeing me use my heels he bought me a hammer one year and then stole it from me
so back to the heels I go!!

I can fix most things by myself...but I usually hand it off to Brian. (as long as I am not in a time crunch) He's busy fixing everyone elses stuff.

#18 ·
QUOTE(Veronique @ Dec 10 2003, 07:21 AM)lol when I saw the title of this thread I thought - "Wheres that pic of CK growling with a Kit Kat superimposed in her hand???"
lol!!!
and for the record, i am NOT yelling at anyone on the boat because i am mad: i am saying the word "WHORE" to describe the former owner of randogs (ashley). lol!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.