Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wahhh Hoo. Now that I am part of the exclusive LSCN 1K club I have a few questions.

Who is going to show me the secret handshake?

Where is the hidden link for the 1K members only board?

What is the address for the 1K members club house on the lake?

What?!? Don't tell me that those where all just roomers!

That's OK I'll still be happy when this 1K club gift shows up in the mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is there really a $1000 bill?? If so, is that what it looks like?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Nov 12 2003, 11:08 PM)You must survive the HAZING EXPERIENCE before officially becoming part of the INNER CIRCLE!

If the hazing takes place at Steve's Bar I think I'm In BIG trouble!

QUOTE(KezzerOne @ Nov 12 2003, 11:09 PM)Is there really a $1000 bill?? If so, is that what it looks like?

Kezzer. Yes there are really $1000 bills. For obvious reason not many are printed and I think most of the older ones are owned by collectors. The one in the picture is the new one that has either just been issued or is soon to be.

Could you imagine the look on the cashiers face if you walked into a 7-11 and you laid down a thousand dollar bill to buy a pack of gum.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
The odds of ever seeing one are slim, as I believe they are only used in Bank the Bank type transactions. I have also heard of $10,000.00 for the same purpose but not sure if it is true.

CRAP the garbage cans just blew down the driveway.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
heres the facts:

What is the largest denomination ever issued, and whose picture is on it?

The $100,000 gold certificate, series 1934, featuring Woodrow Wilson was the largest denomination of currency ever issued by the U.S. government. This series was issued only to Federal Reserve Banks against an equal amount of gold bullion held by the Department of the Treasury, for certain credits established between the Treasurer of the United States and the Federal Reserve Banks.

QUOTEYes there are really $1000 bills. For obvious reason not many are printed and I think most of the older ones are owned by collectors. The one in the picture is the new one that has either just been issued or is soon to be.

not true:

What happened to the $500, $1,000, and $10,000 notes?

Large-denomination Federal Reserve notes were authorized primarily for interbank transactions by an amendment to the Federal Reserve Act in 1918. The shrinking demand for these notes prompted the decision to discontinue their printing in 1946. Even with this decision, the supply on hand in 1946 did not diminish to the point at which continued issuance would have required additional printing until twenty-three years later. Surveys conducted then (1969) indicated that the public had no real need for notes with values of $500 and more because checks or $100 notes were sufficient for large-dollar transactions. On the basis of the survey results, the Federal Reserve discontinued issuing large notes ($500, $1,000, and $10,000) in July 1969. These notes are still legal tender and may be circulated, but as they are returned to member banks they are removed from circulation and destroyed. The $10,000 Federal Reserve note is the largest denomination of U.S. currency in circulation.

yes, thanks to this weather i have time on my hands

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
QUOTECRAP the garbage cans just blew down the driveway.

mine blew to the back of the yard where they will stay. i brought them back up once already

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Jumpin up and down yelling, "YEAH, B2B is with the big dogs now"~Congrats.......

I remember my dad bringing home a $1000.00 bill to show us before depositing into the bank.......So I've seen a real one before......I'd like to own a million of 'em

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Nov 12 2003, 11:02 PM)...roomers!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 13 2003, 07:00 AM)QUOTE(Boater2be @ Nov 12 2003, 11:02 PM) ...roomers!

lol so many spelling errors on this site, so little time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts