Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been loking at pics of back home and been getting more and more home-sick.

For those that don't know, my ENTIRE family is back home, which is Perth, Western Australia. So sometimes I get to thinking about home and wishing I was back there, sitting on my surfboard among the waves.

I'll be heading back for 3 weeks on March the 26th, I can't wait!

I mean, look at these pictures and tell me YOU wouldn't want to be there!

Interesting Facts about Western Australia
Largest amount of mineral deposits in the world.

Mt Augustus is the largest rock in the world, 8 kilometres long, 3 kilometres across and .377 kilometres high.

The northern waters are home to the largest fish in the world - The Whale Shark at up to 13 meters long.

Some of the best and largest surfing waves in the world can be found near Margaret River.

The highest standard of housing in the world - 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom homes with swimming pools are very common.

Has more cars and road space per capita than any place in the world.

Broome is the pearling capital of the world.

The Busselton Jetty is the longest wooden jetty in the Southern Hemisphere.

The Ningaloo Reef is the largest coral reef stretching 260 km in length, where you can walk to from the beach.

McDonalds has a burger called "McOz" which is distinctly Australian - similar to a "Quarter Pounder" burger, it also has a slice of Beetroot, Lettuce, Tomato and Grilled Onions!

Burger King is known as "Hungry Jack's" with the same logo's and style with one exception, the "Aussie Burger" which features, Beetroot, Egg, Bacon, Onions, Tomato and Lettuce. It's a really big burger...

Telethon, held once a year on Channel 7, is the most successful in the world, raising more money per capita than any other similar event, anywhere in the world.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah and that's like 0.00001% of it. It's all beautiful, just hard to find pics I like to post.

More info here: http://www.westernaustralia.net/

Here are some I took:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another couple of pics:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Looks like a great place to be!!!!
Would love to visit there someday..........as I told you, my family has roots there, although I have never had the pleasure of visiting. My mom was born in Brisbane..............Opposite side of the country from you, but I'm sure it would be just as alluring. Everything I've ever seen or heard about Australia has always been quite fantastic. Someday.......................

G'day mate!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Do you come from your hand down under??
JK.

Samson- you do have that hardnosed criminal look about you.!!JK as well.

Uncle lives in Melbourne, been meaning to get over there as soon as the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How ya going mate? Well I can say I understand your excitement! The most amazing place on this earth.

Have a bundy and coke in my name will ya?

green w/ envy

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Feb 9 2004, 05:02 PM)Uncle lives in Melbourne, been meaning to get over there as soon as the opportunity arises.
My brother also lives in Melbourne (pronounced Melbin by the funny talking natives
), He's been there about 7 or 8 years now.
I was there about 4 years ago. It is a great place, very laid back society.
The people are very friendy, I definatly recommend going if you ever get the chance.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
QUOTEtraveler Posted on Feb 9 2004, 05:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be stuffed!!! Rack off Traveler, if that's your pozzy. Obviously you've hit the turps lately!!!! It's good that I've read other posts of yours or I would think the your kangaroos loose in the top paddock!!!

Good onya mate!!! I know your just going off!!!!

Aussie translator

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Stazi The Aussie @ Feb 9 2004, 03:37 PM)....
McDonalds has a burger called "McOz" which is distinctly Australian - similar to a "Quarter Pounder" burger, it also has a slice of Beetroot, Lettuce, Tomato and Grilled Onions!
does that include the Royale wit' cheese?

you're taking all us with you, right.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 9 2004, 05:26 PM)QUOTEtraveler Posted on Feb 9 2004, 05:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be stuffed!!! Rack off Traveler, if that's your pozzy. Obviously you've hit the turps lately!!!! It's good that I've read other posts of yours or I would think the your kangaroos loose in the top paddock!!!

Good onya mate!!! I know your just going off!!!!

Aussie translator
Samson, that's hilarious! I haven't heard talk like that in over 3 years. Fair dinkum mate!

I came to Detroit to work in the Auto Industry as the Mining Industry just wasn't fulfilling my dreams, nuff said.

Get a dog up ya! Cheers!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts