Does anyone have them?
I just want to know what to expect .
The doc said I will be in the chair 3-4 hours <_<
I can't wait.
New teeth here I come

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
No help on the veneers but I was at the dentist yesterday for cleaning and a filling.....It was nice to be by the water....My Dentist is on Jefferson across from Andiamos.....Took a drive down by Jack`s and The Beach Grill.....Saw the Coast Guard
out there and felt bad for them....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Jan 7 2004, 10:57 AM)No help on the veneers but I was at the dentist yesterday for cleaning and a filling.....It was nice to be by the water....My Dentist is on Jefferson across from Andiamos.....Took a drive down by Jack`s and The Beach Grill.....Saw the Coast Guard
when you go to the dentist to get drilled, do you get shots, the gas, or both?
I am such a baby, I get the gas then after I am relaxed I get the shots, while I am listening to my walkman because I can't stand the noise of the drill

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Yay!!! I love improving my teeth!!!!

It doesn't hurt, they essentially bond it to your tooth... but don't recall how (it's been a LONG time)...

Just make SURE you like the color and don't be afraid to say "no, that is not good enough" they have to do it until it's right. I have ONE veneer as one of my MAIN front teeth and I sent it back 3 times... but now it's just fine and has been in place for... 15 years or so!

I can't wait to see them! You're gonna look even more amazing chickster!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Never used to get numbed at all...But now......Hell I love it.....The only drag is not being able to control my lips......I was nervous about the needle at first but now I just close my eyes....The doc has this technique.....He kinda gently shakes my whole head lightly just to throw the mind off the initail prick of the needle after that he could drill straight to the brain.......

·
Registered
465 Posts
Had mine done about 8 years ago. Still holding up fine!

I was only there an hour at the most! But then again, I'm not a nice to look at!
Maybe they just wanted me out of there!
They don't put you under for that either. So if he tries to put you under, maybe that's why you're there so long!!!! "wink, wink"

J/K

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I have two front lower teeth with veneers on them. The only problem I have had with them is both teeth have had root canals and as the tooth dies off a slight darkness has appeared through the tooth. Other than that they have been fine.

Good luck!!!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Geez... its been years. I don't remember how long I was in the chair. It didn't hurt.... I remember that much.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Jan 7 2004, 11:58 AM)I have two front lower teeth with veneers on them. The only problem I have had with them is both teeth have had root canals and as the tooth dies off a slight darkness has appeared through the tooth. Other than that they have been fine.

Good luck!!!!!
I had a root canal about 13-14 years ago and it too turned darker. Last spring I had it internally bleached and it really lightened it up. Also had bleaching trays made, but haven't used them yet.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Congrats FitChick - you luckout! I want one of those super star glam smiles sooooooo bad - but first things first. I have to prioritize and take care of some needed work in my mouth - then off to get the veneers. Probably wont be for 2 more years till I get those - I need all sorts of other stuff fixed first - but I'm starting. That was one of my resolutions.

And - I'm a total chicken $hit. Have to get the gas, then the shots - what's funny is I lay there in the chair and f'ing CRACK UP out loud cuz that gas makes me giggly

Focker - just don't overdue it on the bleaching trays - that bleach tore up my gums so bad unfortunately

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That is soo great! I love great teeth. More people should pay attention to their teeth ( and eyebrows...2 of my pet peeves!)

Before our wedding, we both had our teeth professionally bleached with Brite Smile...turned out great!

·
Registered
741 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Jan 7 2004, 10:57 AM)No help on the veneers but I was at the dentist yesterday for cleaning and a filling.....It was nice to be by the water....My Dentist is on Jefferson across from Andiamos.....Took a drive down by Jack`s and The Beach Grill.....Saw the Coast Guard
No Sh#t!! I use the same place. Actualy they just called me today to confirm an appointment on the 14th. Small world.

Good Luck Fitchick!! I don't now any damn thing about that procedure. I just know don't scrape with your teeth too hard!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I was in the chair for 4 hours

I had the gas and about 6 shots, my mouth is sore from the shots. I have temps in right now I get the veneers in 3 weeks

The worst part about it was the impressions, yuck!!
I had to keep it in my mouth for 4 minutes, was gagging the whole time. After everything was done I couldn't feel my upper lip, or nose for about 2 hours

Oh well in 3 weeks I will be a happy camper

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Jan 8 2004, 10:47 AM)Well I was in the chair for 4 hours

I had the gas and about 6 shots, my mouth is sore from the shots. I have temps in right now I get the veneers in 3 weeks

The worst part about it was the impressions, yuck!!
I had to keep it in my mouth for 4 minutes, was gagging the whole time. After everything was done I couldn't feel my upper lip, or nose for about 2 hours

Oh well in 3 weeks I will be a happy camper

I had to keep it in my mouth for 4 minutes, was gagging the whole time.
That must be a record (keeping something in your mouth that long) specialy with the talk around the board about goose being a minute man.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 03:39 PM)I had to keep it in my mouth for 4 minutes, was gagging the whole time.
are you quoting her quote, or is this a quote from you? what did you keep in your mouth for 4 minutes, and did you enjoy it?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Jan 7 2004, 11:00 AM)when you go to the dentist to get drilled,
Just what kind of dentist do you go to?!?!
Does Goose know about this?

Whenever I get fillings, I only use the gas. I HATE the novocaine numbness feeling. I'd rather just go through the couple minutes of pain.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jan 8 2004, 04:49 PM)QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 03:39 PM)
are you quoting her quote, or is this a quote from you? what did you keep in your mouth for 4 minutes, and did you enjoy it?
Goose,goose. goose,don`t get your feathers in a uproar that`s just the talk around the board that you a quick shot artist!!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 11:51 PM)QUOTE(Goose @ Jan 8 2004, 04:49 PM) QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 03:39 PM)
Goose,goose. goose,don`t get your feathers in a uproar that`s just the talk around the board that you a quick shot artist!!

yeah, maybe 1/2 hour is a quick shot, but I reload quickly, so I have a six banger

so what girls that i've done have been spreading those bad rumors

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jan 9 2004, 01:00 AM)QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 11:51 PM) QUOTE(Goose @ Jan 8 2004, 04:49 PM) QUOTE(btenn @ Jan 8 2004, 03:39 PM)

yeah, maybe 1/2 hour is a quick shot, but I reload quickly, so I have a six banger

so what girls that i've done have been spreading those bad rumors
I herd it from Fast Eddie!!It`s nothing to be ashamed about I think they make some kind of a ring for people with your problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts