Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to distract everyone from the party threads but life goes on you know!!

Anyway I'm driving down the road to work today and channel surfing on the radio. I start listening to a song and totally singing along realizing that after over a decade of not hearing it, I completely know the words!! It's fricken Wham playing "I Don't Want Your Freedom". I realized that I pretty much have always liked just about all their tunes and George Michael to boot. Hate to ask the question but what does that say about me and am I under immediate "****-Suspicion"?

My question to everyone else since misery loves company is: Have you ever found yourself listening to a tune from a group which stands diametrically opposed to every way you've tried to represent yourself and what is the tune you are embarrassed to admit to liking?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 19 2003, 10:20 AM)am I under immediate "****-Suspicion"?
Yes, ... yes you are.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Big step being a man admitting that you like George Michael and WHAM!

Just kidding.......Now who's gonna step up and admit that they still like Culture Club?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
kinda reminds me of the scene in tommy boy when farley and spade are driving and that karen carpenter song comes in and they dont change the station but say its crap but the scene later cuts to them crying and singing "don't you remember you say you loved me baby!!!!"

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 19 2003, 09:26 AM)Big step being a man admitting that you like George Michael and WHAM!

Just kidding.......Now who's gonna step up and admit that they still like Culture Club?

OMG I cannot believe you brought that up.
I was totally going to admit that one too but I thought would just be way to much of a stretch.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Well I give ya a lot of credit ~ the brutal honesty is HUGE in my book.

Myself, I was more of a Run DMC/Beastie boy chickie in that era and am PROUD to say that

...do LOVE "Careless Whisper" though - melts me everytime I hear it

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 19 2003, 09:36 AM)Well I give ya a lot of credit ~ the brutal honesty is HUGE in my book.

Myself, I was more of a Run DMC/Beastie boy chickie in that era and am PROUD to say that

...do LOVE "Careless Whisper" though - melts me everytime I hear it

Was pretty much an Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden fan.....................................After the army I went to college, cut my hair, and got infected by the Liberal atmosphere I guess!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Dude, your a ****. Spit out the feathers from biting the Pillow you Butt Pirate.

Sorry, Im with you. I like all kinds of music, alot of the really stupid stuff is sarcasm, like I like Disco cuz its funny to listen to kind a like listening to a comedian. Rhine Stone Cowboy has the same effect. I also llke Im to Sexy and I want you Sex. You just wont catch me working out to it or listening to it while at work. I know all the words to Bright Eyes and often sing it at a Kareoke bar. Now I wouldnt be caught dead going out of my way to purchase any albums or to see them in concert.

OH yeah and your still gay.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Just kidding Traveler. I like the fact that your not worried about what you post. Your friends know you well enough that were not gonna poke hmmmmmm welll to much fun.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I really did think Michael Jackson was the $hit in grade school... we never could afford it but I so wanted one of "his" red vinyl jackets!!

In High school, really liked the cure/smiths/depeche mode, etc... remember one boy I liked had this long red hair shaved on the sides and two earrings and oh such bad acne... don't know why I associate HIM with that musak, though..
Anybody know a Don Nalazety??

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ May 19 2003, 09:44 AM)Dude, your a ****. Spit out the feathers from biting the Pillow you Butt Pirate.

Sorry, Im with you. I like all kinds of music, alot of the really stupid stuff is sarcasm, like I like Disco cuz its funny to listen to kind a like listening to a comedian. Rhine Stone Cowboy has the same effect. I also llke Im to Sexy and I want you Sex. You just wont catch me working out to it or listening to it while at work. I know all the words to Bright Eyes and often sing it at a Kareoke bar. Now I wouldnt be caught dead going out of my way to purchase any albums or to see them in concert.

OH yeah and your still gay.
Didn't have to post the disclaimer CBJ. I'm tougher than that and knew exactly where you were coming from.

Had a Barry Manilow "Mandy" moment about some girl I met in Hawaii from Texas when I was 15.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 19 2003, 09:51 AM)Had a Barry Manilow "Mandy" moment...
Dude, your digging your grave man

Okay, if it makes you feel better...I liked

only all the cool music. Gotcha!!!!!!!!!
We all know you're not a girly girly sissy boy Traveler. Just don't ever admit to watching Dance Fever...I'll start to seriously question you then!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I can sing just about every BeeGee's tune. Bought the Greatest Hits 2 cd collection and listen to at least a song a day..... "Lonely Days lonely nights where would I be w/o my woman" Jive Talking, How deep is your love.... I love all the old tunes. Everyone else thinks I'm crazy. Which I am.........

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 19 2003, 09:59 AM)QUOTE(traveler @ May 19 2003, 09:51 AM) Had a Barry Manilow "Mandy" moment...
Dude, your digging your grave man

Okay, if it makes you feel better...I liked

only all the cool music. Gotcha!!!!!!!!!
We all know you're not a girly girly sissy boy Traveler. Just don't ever admit to watching Dance Fever...I'll start to seriously question you then!

Never, ever ever ever did the dance fever thing!!

OK I'll try for some redemption here. Got to go back stage and party with AC/DC in Indianapolis when I was 17 though. Won a banner contest at the concert during the "Back in Black" tour and got 4 back stage passes and all their albums. Also met Ronnie Montrose. Way cool. Also met Judas Priest that year - of course that was pre-**** Rob Halford notification - uhoh just dug another shovelful I guess!!! But damn they were great in their day!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
A song is a song is a song. As a professional musican I say this, you can like a song without liking the performer or what they stand for, even if you like the way the performer does the song.....Thats their job!. It was probably written by someone else anyway. We just like what we like, and if you like to think about it then you think to much. I having a great love of all music I find myself liking all kinds of things that leave me open to harsh critisism, but I am a player and its better to find a way to like the music you are playing(when it's the job)than to "dread playing that song again" and being a sour puss. Anyway I dont want to go on and on, thats my two coppers on it.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 19 2003, 09:51 AM)I really did think Michael Jackson was the $hit in grade school... we never could afford it but I so wanted one of "his" red vinyl jackets!!

In High school, really liked the cure/smiths/depeche mode, etc... remember one boy I liked had this long red hair shaved on the sides and two earrings and oh such bad acne... don't know why I associate HIM with that musak, though..
Anybody know a Don Nalazety??
Pauligan you liked cool music!!!

See you Peeps later my lunch break is over and I got to back to House Bitch mode. See you Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Bassneck @ May 19 2003, 10:11 AM)things that leave me open to harsh critisism, but I am a player
Note to all the ladies - you just signed your death warrant pal!!!!

JK couldn't agree with you more. One of the things I love about being in Europe, they don't ever label artists or package them with anything but the "talent" brush. They like what they like and could care less about the artist or their lifestyle.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
It's cool Travler....I like all kinds of gay music too. But I really don't care what everyone thinks.....I don't mind people laughing as I'm singing my fav looking glass tune.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ May 19 2003, 09:20 AM)I completely know the words!! It's fricken Wham playing "I Don't Want Your Freedom". am I under immediate "****-Suspicion"?

UMMMMM you should have never said this !!!!!!!

Queen of ****-Land

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Was it Loius Armstrong that said: "There are two types of music, Good and Bad"

I listen to alot of differnt stuff too, but George Michael and Boy George are not in my CD collection.

Mini

1 - 20 of 76 Posts