Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took some guys out from the base on Saturday afternoon. We left Beacon Cove around 4PM and headed up through the north channel. I took the Grande Pointe Cut for the first time, that was nice and easy, then headed down the south channel to Riverside Grocery. Had some knots and the burger (the burger was awesome!!). Left Riverside and was heading back across the lake and got rained on. It was well worth it because when it stopped, there was a beautiful rainbow over Harsens Island. As we were heading back to the marina, we decided not to go there, rather we decided to head towards Detroit. I figured we would turn and head back to the marina at 8:30 or at the Ren Cen, whichever came first. Well, we made it to the Ren Cen, floated there for about 10 minutes, then headed back up river. I got pulled over by the Wayne County Sheriff by the Coast Guard Station on Belle Isle. They asked for ID & Registration. Unfortunately I knew I did not have my registration on me, as I had left it in my wife's van
. So I gave them my license and waited my fate. Then I remember I had my military ID on me, and asked if that would help......the guy said "He!!, why didn't you tell me that in the first place". They did a quick vessel safety check, and joked about giving me a ticket for my Ohio State flag on the front of the boat. We BS'd with them for about 15 minutes, then we were on our way. Headed back to Beacon Cove and got caught is a squall just outside of 9 mile tower. It was a little dicey, but no big issue.

Time of Departure: 4:00PM
Time of Return: 9:30
Total Miles: 80

We got soaked twice, but had a great time none-the-less!!!

Water Cloud Sky Rainbow Watercraft

Rainbow Water Cloud Sky Liquid

Cloud Sky Building Skyscraper Daytime

Water Cloud Sky Vehicle Coastal and oceanic landforms

Cloud Water Sky Boat Watercraft

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
"As we were heading back to the marina, we decided not to go there"
I know that feeling all too well!

Sounds like a great outing!

Have no idea why, but some of the very best outings are totally unplanned. Didn't plan on my 260 mile weekend last year. Didn't plan on going to Tobermory on some of my best trips there.

Spontaneous boat trips rock!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts