Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I try to mind my own business 99% of the time, but I gotta put my 2 cents in on Schram being banned. I have only been on this site for about 6 months, and everyone says what they want, and as they should. It is a public forum. If you want to restrict what people say, then there should be some type of membership fee. ($5 lifetime membership or something to the effect) I have seen nothing but good, quality reports and advice from Schram and everyone else on this site. I read on the other thread that the dispute went farther than the posts on the site, well, if that's the case, then it should have no bearing on ANYONE'S decision to bar a member from this site. Whatever happened to people being warned and being reminded of the rules. It fumes me that in this age where everyone has, or thinks they have a right to say whatever they want, people try to restrict it. Let me be so kind as to remind everyone that reads this post, or posts on this "FREE" site of the following 1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

'NUFF SAID! If you agree, make your voice heard. If you don't, do it as well, IT'S YOUR RIGHT!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Freek @ Dec 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Agreed, but it's not a free for all thing here. Like this thread, will be toast soon. To bad , it realy is sad! THE SCHRAM WORD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE.

I know it's not a free for all, can't have total chaos, but gimme a break, it's a fishing forum, which is moderated. Therefore, if there is a post that everyone agrees is offensive, or to the sorts, then by all means, remove it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
ALL OF THE SPONSORS ON THIS SITE PAY A FEE. WE MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO EXPRESS A "FREE OPINION" AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN THE GUIDE LINES SET FORTH IN THE RULES. REMEMBER, THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY SITE...KIDS.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Guys, the Schram word is not banned here, but Schram himself is.
While I personally had no problem with him, there were things that went happened both here and in PM's that were in violation of the rules. Schram was not the only guilty party.
I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but then what?
The Admins set a policy for everyone to follow and when people repeatedly violate those terms, actions have to be taken, no matter who the person is. What kind of mess would the site be if there were a different set of rules for different members?

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
The Mods can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've read & was told is that Schram was warned before & also banned temporally & given a 2nd chance before the latest ban. There was also more to it than the posts as other things went on with PM's going back & forth. This was also the case with other members that were banned.

I've fished with Brian & find him to be a cool guy & a hardcore fisherman & consider him a fishing bud. I think he just let his emotions get the best of him & he acted on them & it got him in trouble.

There's nothing stopping Schram from creating another account & ID if he wanted to come back. Other members that were banned have done it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
**insert pic of dead horse being beaten**

my $ .02

·
Registered
958 Posts
You violate the rules on privately owned property, whether physical or virtual the owner/mods have the RIGHT to ban or toss you. It's their site that were on and their rules that we have to abide by. If you can't do it then you get the boot.

Personally I haven't had much chance to get to know schram but he seemed alright to me. He is obviously a very passionate musky guy. With that said rules be rules and no one should be above them.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i think a 1 week ban would have been a decent cool down period, but remember....the same people that chose to ban him are the same people who brought us this site. opinions are great and everything, but they were warned and still chose to keep going back and forth.

id like to see both spinner and schramalama back on, like said before....its a fishing site!!!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
MY UNDERSTANDING IS THERE WAS A LOT MORE GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES. He was warned , more than once, more than most in fact. He chose to play with fire and got burnt. Mods had no choice or this would be a free for all.
I don't like seeing anyone banned, but at times it's got to be done. The mods have a tough enough job on here. Either follow the sites rules or you're gone. Your choice. I would not want to deal with the stuff the Mods have to, therefore my hat is off to them

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Schram's a good person and who's to say he would want back in. The damage is done and he will help in other ways. His future will be bright. It's not his loss he's banned it's ours.
Oh don't forget how some attacked his skill to force all the events that led to this whole unfortunate situation.

h2o

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Dec 16 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It fumes me that in this age where everyone has, or thinks they have a right to say whatever they want, people try to restrict it. Let me be so kind as to remind everyone that reads this post, or posts on this "FREE" site of the following 1st Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

'NUFF SAID! If you agree, make your voice heard. If you don't, do it as well, IT'S YOUR RIGHT!

Last time I checked Capt Mike was not a member of congress

Like many have said Schram is a fine passionate guy in person. He couldn't abide by the rules of this site when he was on line so he was banned. I you want to start a site where Schram is welcome then go for it

·
Registered
731 Posts
SCHRAM STAYS CLEAR OF THIS SITE NOW. HE WASN'T EVEN AWARE OF ALL THE GOOD COMMENTS MADE BY MEMBERS CONGRATULATING HIM ON HIS NEW BUNDLE OF JOY.
ROCK ON

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
2,212 Posts
As a lot of people know I fish with Schram a lot he really is a great guy, talented musician and one heck of a fisherman he's like a musky magnet and best of all he is now a new dad. Personally I would like to see Schram and Spinner back(Spinner is a bit of a musky magnet to). Both gave great reports and offered invaluable information on musky fishing LSC.The mods did what they felt was right it's their show and they police it in a way that makes it a great site. I am glad that this site is kept clean and kid friendly I have a 3yr old that will soon be 4 that likes looking at the fish pictures. Also I will become a sponser starting next season (hopefully) and if this site was filled with lude photos and foul language and was run without rules and guidlines I would never even concider paying for a sponsership and I would have to guess that most current and future sponsers would or do feel the same way. It would be embarrassing to me to have potential and/or current customers to see me advertising on a site filled with filth having them think how could I be a part of something like that. It is a free site to people who want to be a part of it for whatever reasons but at the same token it is a paid site for buisnesses that advertise here making the site possible so a certain amount of respect has to be shown to them as well as the owner/creators of the site along with those that moderate it. God bless you all here at LSCN.NET

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.