Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case of you have noticed or not...I have been laying low.......

I have been bumbed out........

Get this....On Sunday the 17th...Some piece of SHIOT Crackhead stole my

1995 Dodge Caravan with side swipe damage... broken driver seat....and out of

gas

What the hell where they thinking.?????? Right arcoss the street sat a brand new

Chevy Trailblazer with the sticker still on it...

With all the other sh*t going on in my life right now I really need this......

Marrige in question????????????
Job in question???????????????
What next???????????????????

I know somewhere there in a cloud with a silver lining.....But how fu**ing long

before I it gets to me..?????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Damn. Sorry to hear that.

My wife and I just yesterday were wondering where you've been.

I'm guessing the van is either easier to steal or won't be as noticable when police are looking for it.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I can't tell you how bad things got for me over a year ago.....and things will never be the same for me, but you have to keep your chin above water, positive attitude (may not have every day)and keep moving forward because it can only be uphill from here....

Wishing you the best.........

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
most likely the new trailblazer had onstar. not a good one to steal. but it does suck that they took your car instead.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
It'll get better RHO, everyone goes through something like this at one time or another. Just remember you have us to cheer you up if you need it!

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
sendin' some of my good vibes yer way. I was s.o.l. year before last too, got laid off for 5 months, almost lost the house
, and took a year to catch up and refi. and put some cash in the bank. so here rub this $$$$$$ for some good fortune. no marriage issues though, or any other chick problems right now, not sure it thats good or bad. <_<

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all of you.....Just keep me in mind if you know anyone getting rid of a

cheap car that runs......Some thing in the $500 to $1000 range.....

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
here's to better days RHO!!

ps. say a prayer and thank god for your health if nothing else. that's irreplacable, your mini van is

chin up and press on!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jan 27 2004, 12:08 PM)WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER!
was just going to say that!

we're here for ya, RHO!!
maybe the thief needed it more than you and is worse off than you. count your blessings of what you do have, and remember the great times you've had and what's to come. perhaps that person isn't so lucky to even have that. think positive, and i'll send a little luck your way!

ps-- i'd still be mad as hell!!
this year someone stole most of my christmas presents from my family to me from dan's car.
although i kept telling myself what i told you, i couldn't help but think GRRRRRR
!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Last year was the worst for Chris and I, the only good thing was that our son was born in Sept 02. He is the greatest blessing! We had bad luck from Jan. 03 till the 23 Dec, when Chris was hit by 2 deer and his truck was a total loss. We had to to buy a new vehicle and we ended up with a 95 Ford Windstar, at a unreal price. I know this sounds crazy but we bought it at an auto auction. (yes, we are hillbillies, thats what happends when you live in BFE!)
You would be amazed at the deals and autos that they have. Several of them were 2003's that were repos. That made me feel bad, to take advantage of someone's miss fortune. Anyway long story short it's a great place to buy a auto, without spending much money or if your looking for a second car or something to just get you by for now. Things are just now (knock on wood) looking up for us, (I don't like to sound to confident because once you something bad happends) and things will turn around for you RHO. Like Mini said it wil make you stronger. Try to find something positive in every situation. And sometimes if this is want GOD has planned for us than maybe we've gotta handle it and learn from it.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Chin up RHO
I know it's tough when life becomes unstable and you're not sure what is around the corner.

CK, i wish i could keep your attitude, i tell ya girl, i look to you for strength sometimes when it gets really hard to see the positive things in life.

Mini, i guess sometimes i just get sick of "getting stronger" i'm not trying to complain, just trying to persevere

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ Jan 27 2004, 01:30 PM)I know this sounds crazy but we bought it at an auto auction. (yes, we are hillbillies, thats what happends when you live in BFE!)
You would be amazed at the deals and autos that they have. Several of them were 2003's that were repos.
I see a sign for that every so often when I get off at the New Haven exit. Always wondered what kind of cars they have.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Jan 27 2004, 12:33 PM)Thanks to all of you.....Just keep me in mind if you know anyone getting rid of a

cheap car that runs......Some thing in the $500 to $1000 range.....
I might have a '84 amc eagle for ya. gotta replace the rear main seal first and then my brother (his car) and I might just keep it to screw around with on the two track trails up north.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
From a Law Enforcement Officer point of view, I can tell you that most Dodge's, 94/95 and newer are HOT, HOT, HOT right now in the theft rings. Air bags, parts and on the newer models, the hemi engines are the thing. You could of had your Caravan parked next to a 2004 Explorer with all the trimmngs and the windows down and most likely the Cravan would still disappear. Right now, especially from what I am seeing in Detroit, the Dodge's are disappearing faster due to car theft's than they are being purchased and driven off the New/Used car lots.

Take this as a word of warning to Dodge owners. Be carefull!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts