1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I'm suffering from NAD, Need A Drink.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Well, thankfully I'll be getting an injection to cure my disorder soon!

I don't think this dose would work for your ailments though guys

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm definitely a SAD person.

I hate the darkness and the cold.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 08:17 PM)I'm definitely a SAD person.

Start a fire, pop in a movie and you're all set.

·
Registered
765 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 8 2003, 08:19 PM)QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 08:17 PM) I'm definitely a SAD person.

I need sun---85 degrees--and a beach!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 08:28 PM)I need sun---85 degrees--and a beach!!

Nah, that's all in your mind.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Dec 8 2003, 08:19 PM)QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 8 2003, 08:17 PM) I'm definitely a SAD person.

Call me weird . . . everyone else does!*

BUT, I LOVE this time of year! All the Xmas lights, the fireplaces, the parties, it gives me the warm fuzzies!

* I PREFER to be referred to as ECCENTRIC!!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Full spectrum lights are a good fix for SAD. You can get them at places like home depot. They give off almost the same light as sunlight,( no UV rays, you won't tan) A little pricey, but worth it. We had them in the bathroom, so while you are showering, getting ready for work, you get the effects. Worked great.
They come in tubes (like the floresents ) or regular bulbs for lamps.

·
Registered
765 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Dec 9 2003, 07:31 AM)Full spectrum lights are a good fix for SAD. You can get them at places like home depot. They give off almost the same light as sunlight,( no UV rays, you won't tan) A little pricey, but worth it. We had them in the bathroom, so while you are showering, getting ready for work, you get the effects. Worked great.
My main problem is lack of sunlight. I have heard about getting the lights your talking about. Maybe I'll look into it. Thanks Elaine.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Dec 9 2003, 07:43 AM)QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Dec 9 2003, 07:31 AM) Full spectrum lights are a good fix for SAD. You can get them at places like home depot. They give off almost the same light as sunlight,( no UV rays, you won't tan) A little pricey, but worth it. We had them in the bathroom, so while you are showering, getting ready for work, you get the effects. Worked great.
My main problem is lack of sunlight. I have heard about getting the lights your talking about. Maybe I'll look into it. Thanks Elaine.

The lack of sunlight is the culprit. We used to get the SAD symptoms.. MrSunbum got the lights, we noticed a big difference.

Well worth the $$

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Dec 9 2003, 07:31 AM)Full spectrum lights are a good fix for SAD. You can get them at places like home depot. They give off almost the same light as sunlight,( no UV rays, you won't tan) A little pricey, but worth it. We had them in the bathroom, so while you are showering, getting ready for work, you get the effects. Worked great.
Also called "plant lights" . . . we use them too. Bathrooms & kitchen.

The biggest cure that we've found is . . . regular excersize! Regularly cleans your body of toxins and release of endorphins does the trick!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

BUT, I LOVE this time of year! All the Xmas lights, the fireplaces, the parties, it gives me the warm fuzzies!

[/quote]
Geez Steve-- If I didn't know you better I'd want to curl up on the couch by a warm fire with you!!! Think Robyn would mind??

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts

Geez Steve-- If I didn't know you better I'd want to curl up on the couch by a warm fire with you!!! Think Robyn would mind??
[/quote]
HEY! You got to spend some cuddle time w/me watching Pirates of the Caribbean on Sunday!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

HEY! You got to spend some cuddle time w/me watching Pirates of the Caribbean on Sunday!!
[/quote]
Yeah man, I just can't take that much competition from your girlfriend!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I am going to build a REAL sunroom in my basement.........

Lawnchairs.......Sand.......Unmbrella.......Sun Lamps.......KIds Pool, with some boats

floating in it...Hmmmmmmm...I feel better already....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts