Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday was the last GNT Franklin Trail for Lake St. Clair.

Forget about all the small stuff here is the top 5 weights.

Brian Ward- Todd Deziel 23.50 lbs big fish 5.59
Chris Stein- Mike Stein 22.02 lbs. big fish 4.90
Ken Miller- Matt Shreve 21.44 lbs. big fish 5.04
Chris Bacalia- Tony Nordman 20.99 lbs BIG FISH FOR THE TOURNEY 6.38 lb.
Jeff Bishop- Ralph Monko 20.24 lbs. big fish 4.81

Doug Phillips
GNT

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Those are some HUGE weights. Good job to all. This weather stays relatively stable and we should be in for one whale of Championship!

·
Registered
795 Posts
All I can say is "WOW"
and Wow upside down spells "MOM"

Like in the "Motha Load of Loads"

Monko and Bishop catch toads too . . . I thought I heard someone's voice on the POND.

Ward and Diesel . . . now that's some octain their boys.
Way to go boys!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A personal record was broke for the deepest caught smallie in St. Clair, 42 foot! It was a mistake for us to be in that depth, but we found out that it really wasn't a mistake, we should have spent our time in that general depth.

A interesting note; I have caught smallies in deeper water up north. The one thing I've learned was fight the fish slow! I let the fish come up and down at "It's" own will and the fish never went belly up. It adjusted it's swim bladder on it's own! The need to "Fizz" a fish wasn't even in the equasion. I feel all the talk about fizzing and swim bladder is all wasted talk! When you fizz a fish it sinks! Out of site out of mind? Wrong, for me it makes more sense to give the fish that don't make it to people that truely can use the food! Why leave them to die at the bottom of the lake and let them waste?

We have a great group of anglers that truely care for the fish. So many quickly weigh their fish and go to the tanks to work the fish. We have initiated talks to further a positive image for Tournament Angler's. Once we have things lined up we will be more than happy to share our new program.

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts