Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im all excited and have to make a off the wall post. i just got new tires for my truck a few days ago Toyo open country a/t 235/80r17 i went two sizes up from stock and for once i dont have a huge open wheel well like i did with the stock tires. than today i got off work early and went out and located some vht night shades taillight tint paint.It blacks out the lights but still lets 95% of the light thru. i found a very good how to on line the other night and was excited to try it. im very happy with how things came out. im all about black and now my truck looks like it want to eat people. im going to have the chrome wrapped in gloss black vinyl so it will all be black and i think im going darker with my side windows now too i dont want to be seen. any way sorry for being wayyyyyy of topic but i had to share.

sorry for the bad pics i left my digi cam on my boat and had to use my cell.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
that looks sweet man. Nice looking rig there.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Whistle = turbo...

Sorry, I'm a forced induction fanatic. I have a supercharged 2003 Silverado SS with 550hp running a best of 13.19 so far, but havent been back to the track since some adjustments, should be good for 12's.

·
Registered
573 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Jul 30 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whistle = turbo...

Sorry, I'm a forced induction fanatic. I have a supercharged 2003 Silverado SS with 550hp running a best of 13.19 so far, but havent been back to the track since some adjustments, should be good for 12's.

whats the mph? 13.19 is moving in a truck!

·
Registered
528 Posts
[email protected]

Video...

Sorry for the poor camera work, my 60yr old father doesnt really know how to work one, he did his best he could though.

If you are into Silverados, you should swing by the other forum I frequent. www.silveradoss.com and www.performancetrucks.net Lots of great info over there.

Performancetrucks.net welcomes Fords, Dodges, and GM's complete with even diesel sections etc.

·
Registered
528 Posts
2003 and 2004 SS's are all AWD and 4.10 gears. In 2005, GM made it an option for either AWD or 2WD. In 2006 only 2WD was available.

Sorrry Dirty. Didnt mean to hi-jack your thread. I'll have to get some pics of my dads truck, his is cleaned and blacked out also like yours. He did something unique with his grille bowtie though, he had it coated in the same bed liner material used in the bed. It looks good. Thats the only thing that identifies his as a Chevy. He took off all the "silverado" , LTZ, Z71 and other bowtie badging. He has stock rims though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Jul 30 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>2003 and 2004 SS's are all AWD and 4.10 gears. In 2005, GM made it an option for either AWD or 2WD. In 2006 only 2WD was available.

Sorrry Dirty. Didnt mean to hi-jack your thread. I'll have to get some pics of my dads truck, his is cleaned and blacked out also like yours. He did something unique with his grille bowtie though, he had it coated in the same bed liner material used in the bed. It looks good. Thats the only thing that identifies his as a Chevy. He took off all the "silverado" , LTZ, Z71 and other bowtie badging. He has stock rims though.

yea i took off my 3500hd badges and things but i like the silverado badge but im only keeping it if i can find a black one. and it allready has a turbo. i too am a fan of forced induction. my ol lady drives a 08 Cobalt SS turbo she ran a 13.73 @104 with a 2.6 60ft. the things sick it has a factory 5100rpm launch control and liftless shifting when redlined. i only got a 13.98 out of it so i have to give it up to her for kicking my a$. she was wooping all over this guy in a built malibu wagon running 13.2 her reaction time is that of a top fuel driver. very fun to watch. we just need some slicks to get the 60ft times down. it spins all of 1st and second. my truck runs 15.1 but it tips the scales at 7400lbs with qa 1/4 tank and me in it.

both the car and truck are stock but she wants new charge pipes and solid motor mounts than lower it a bit i think with some suspension tweeking and a few more lbs of boost we can get her into the low 13's but its allready pushing 16lbs so i dont think i will go much over 18-20

her old civic i built for her ran 13.2's and got 28mpg you got to love boost!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(mikeb088 @ Jul 30 2009, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>holy nice truck! if i may ask are those the stock wheels just powdercoated black? LOOKS GREAT BTW

stock wheels painted with rustoleom and a brush. we do things low buck around here haha with two car payments i have no choice

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
The wheels look sweet dirty. Nice paint job. I thought you had em powder coated. Now we know who the real painter is. All boats that need to be painted ship them to dirty.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 30 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The wheels look sweet dirty. Nice paint job. I thought you had em powder coated. Now we know who the real painter is. All boats that need to be painted ship them to dirty.

hahah yea right me and 99cent brush and a pint of rustoleom will take over the world some day. but i can spray bomb with the best of them. one day ill get the guts to break out my paint gun and use it.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Dirty @ Jul 30 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 30 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The wheels look sweet dirty. Nice paint job. I thought you had em powder coated. Now we know who the real painter is. All boats that need to be painted ship them to dirty.

hahah yea right me and 99cent brush and a pint of rustoleom will take over the world some day. but i can spray bomb with the best of them. one day ill get the guts to break out my paint gun and use it.

Yeah I bought my paint gun from harbor freight and I paid 9.99 for it. I painted recession proof with it and so far been out a few times and no peeling paint and she is just as shiny as she was when I first painted her.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 30 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Dirty @ Jul 30 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Jul 30 2009, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The wheels look sweet dirty. Nice paint job. I thought you had em powder coated. Now we know who the real painter is. All boats that need to be painted ship them to dirty.

Yeah I bought my paint gun from harbor freight and I paid 9.99 for it. I painted recession proof with it and so far been out a few times and no peeling paint and she is just as shiny as she was when I first painted her.

ive had the same one sitting on the shelf but for reason id rathe just spray bomb things im worried about messing up. spray cans are in my comfort zone haha

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.