Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I published some work on a web site and my client can not see the published new page with the updates - he keeps getting the old page. I told him how to clear out his cache and temp internet files and then try and he's still seeing the old pages.

Please do me a favoe and go to http://www.sportsmenagainsthunger.org and click on the Contact MSAH page - now look at the list of names and there is a secretary named Kim - tell me what her last name says please.

THANKS

Shan

·
Registered
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Harkness

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly!

he keeps pulling up the old page with her old last name

AOL is his problem I think - @hit who knows?!?!?!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 4 2004, 05:45 PM)I told him how to clear out his cache and temp internet files and then try and he's still seeing the old pages.
Can you do me a favor and tell me how to do this?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tools > Internet Options > Click Clear History and also click Delete Files

BTW - I just wiped out the web and am republishing the whole dang thing so if you guys try to see what the last name is you won't get anything bc the page is being published and not fully on the server yet...

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 4 2004, 06:09 PM)Maybe I'm as dumb as this guy...where is "tools"
LMAO Re!!!! LOL

Look up at the top, see File Edit View Favorites Tools Help

THAT is the tools you want to click on

DUDE - you must have a Sh!Tload of temp internet files as much as you're online! When you do this you're computer will be noticably faster - you prob have 400 mgs of cached files. Again - LOL!!!! hee hee

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Got it thanks...

I need someone to look at this computer some day. It runs out of hard drive space all the time. I have no idea why it doesn't seem like I have that much on it. It's a sony oiva (or something) laptop with a p3 in it.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it runs out of hard drive maybe bc you don't clear out your temporary internet files - seriously, everytime you go online every image all the code all the text gets stored in a folder that is kept on your hard drive. That folder just grows and grows until you wipe it out.

also do Start > Programs > Accessories > Sytem Tools and do a disk cleanup - there may be other stuff stored in your computer taking up space that you don't need.

good luck
shan

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Shan, tell Louie that I said it's working fine and to get off your back.
Oh yeah tell him I said hi too. We go back a few years when we where both directors with Ted Nugent's United Sportsman of America. He's a good guy.

My last name is Young. Not sure if you knew.

It's a small world after all.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll tell Louis you said hi for sure B2B - it is a small world!

...and you know how I feel about AOheLL Capt'n Mike <_<
- it's the root of all evil

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jun 5 2004, 02:45 AM)I'll tell Louis you said hi for sure B2B - it is a small world!

...and you know how I feel about AOheLL Capt'n Mike
- it's the root of all evil

Just watch fro he fear in his eyes when you say B2B name, he may have beat him up too..

You know how B2B gets,,,

Razzin ya !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts