Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the older Sony's in the Mako now and they've lasted 10 years. The newer ones aren't as good I don't think. Any thoughts? The fronts take the most abuse and weather.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a amp pushing my 6 1/2's and an amp pushing my subs. Don't want to get anything that is incapable of handling the power.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Best Buy or Abc Ware House.. i have had Pioneer 3 way 4 of them NON MARINE SPEAKERS i installed since 2001 and they have gotten wet and i have never had a problem with them . why pay more for Marine speakers when you can get better regular ones for half the price and they last just as long .

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I'm 90% sure I've got a pair of marine speakers (maybe JBL's?) in my garage. Bought them for a project and never installed them - still in the box. I'll take a look tonight, if you want, and maybe we can make a deal.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 26 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best Buy or Abc Ware House.. i have had Pioneer 3 way 4 of them NON MARINE SPEAKERS i installed since 2001 and they have gotten wet and i have never had a problem with them . why pay more for Marine speakers when you can get better regular ones for half the price and they last just as long .
You install them outside in the weather Rob?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 26 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm 90% sure I've got a pair of marine speakers (maybe JBL's?) in my garage. Bought them for a project and never installed them - still in the box. I'll take a look tonight, if you want, and maybe we can make a deal.
Where you at? I'll come by

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 26 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 26 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best Buy or Abc Ware House.. i have had Pioneer 3 way 4 of them NON MARINE SPEAKERS i installed since 2001 and they have gotten wet and i have never had a problem with them . why pay more for Marine speakers when you can get better regular ones for half the price and they last just as long .

yes .. they have been rained on had sun beating on them ..splashed ny waves , washed by garden hose and still work great .. iTs not like the old days in the 60 s 70s where they were out of paper. not sure what they use now but it holds up good ,

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 26 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 26 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(bobrob @ Jun 26 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Best Buy or Abc Ware House.. i have had Pioneer 3 way 4 of them NON MARINE SPEAKERS i installed since 2001 and they have gotten wet and i have never had a problem with them . why pay more for Marine speakers when you can get better regular ones for half the price and they last just as long .

yes .. they have been rained on had sun beating on them ..splashed ny waves , washed by garden hose and still work great .. iTs not like the old days in the 60 s 70s where they were out of paper. not sure what they use now but it holds up good ,

Hmmmmm.....something to consider. Thanks Bro!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 26 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 26 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm 90% sure I've got a pair of marine speakers (maybe JBL's?) in my garage. Bought them for a project and never installed them - still in the box. I'll take a look tonight, if you want, and maybe we can make a deal.

I'm in Macomb Twp, 25 and Romeo Plank area. Trying to see if I can get my wife to dig out the box and give me the model info. They might be Panasonic - I just can't remember
I can guarantee that they are white, marine speakers. I'll shoot you a PM when I get the info, either from the Mrs. or when I get home this evening.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 26 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(makowish @ Jun 26 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 26 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm 90% sure I've got a pair of marine speakers (maybe JBL's?) in my garage. Bought them for a project and never installed them - still in the box. I'll take a look tonight, if you want, and maybe we can make a deal.

I'm in Macomb Twp, 25 and Romeo Plank area. Trying to see if I can get my wife to dig out the box and give me the model info. They might be Panasonic - I just can't remember
I can guarantee that they are white, marine speakers. I'll shoot you a PM when I get the info, either from the Mrs. or when I get home this evening.

Thank You!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Oh, remembered something else - they white, marine, and ROUND

Getting old is a bitch - now you kids get off my lawn!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Jun 26 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh, remembered something else - they white, marine, and ROUND

Getting old is a bitch - now you kids get off my lawn!
Perfect for me

Darn whipper snappers!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Mako, sent you a PM. I found them still in the original packaging - they are Pioneer TS-MR165 speakers. Never had them out of the plastic wrap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts