Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a boat three weeks ago and do not know the oil/gas ratio. Does anyone know if it is a 50:1 or 32:1??

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
I'd guess 50:1, but that is not something you want to guess about, is it?

You might try asking in one of the fishing forums too. I'm SURE someone there would know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 25 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd guess 50:1, but that is not something you want to guess about, is it?

You might try asking in one of the fishing forums too. I'm SURE someone there would know.

I appreciate the try! I think it is a 50:1 as well???

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(reelnauti @ Jun 25 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 25 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd guess 50:1, but that is not something you want to guess about, is it?

I appreciate the try! I think it is a 50:1 as well???

No problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Just a note of caution.... too lean of a mix will seize your engine, whereas too rich of a mix will only foul plugs.

If it were me, I would start maybe 32:1 or 40:1, carry some extra plugs, wrench, and a gapper, and if you start fouling plugs, then try 50:1.

Just better safe than sorry IMOO.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I am using 50:1 and have fouled 2 plugs so far. Should I go to 40:1 for a leaner mix?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No, 50:1 is a leaner mix. 50 parts fuel to 1 part oil vs 40 parts fuel to 1 part oil....

You may have something else going on - maybe carb tune is in order....

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Jun 26 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am using 50:1 and have fouled 2 plugs so far. Should I go to 40:1 for a leaner mix?
You might try a hotter spark plug.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Looks like oil fouled, since they looked wet and not the dry brown that I am used to from my motocross days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.