Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can anyone suggest any good places to take 3 kids and park our chairs for some fishing? I've taken them to Shrewsbury to the dock and boat launch. They caught a few small Sun fish and small Perch. I was looking for a few alternates. I have been told to take them to Mitchell's Bay but am not familiar myself with the bay area and don't know if there is anywhere there, where public can just sit with chairs and fish. Does anyone know if there is an area like this in Mitchell's Bay? Also I was told there is a dock on the Thames near Tim Horton's and the Keil St. Bridge. Is anyone familiar with this spot? [Tim Horton's close by would be a definite plus] I'm really just trying to find a few places that are a change, so I have some different places to take them fishing. If anyone can help with this it would much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

B.

P.S. I guess I should add that I am on the Canadian {Chatham-Kent Side} of Mitchell's Bay. I am actually in Kent Bridge area so that is why I am looking for spots in and around the area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
BRANDENBURG PARK
23 mile and jefferson get off i94 at 23 mile rd go east to jefferson turn right down on left about 1/2 mile big dock goes out into lake st clair,good luck

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
In addition to New Baltimore and Brandenburg, you could take them to the Rosso Hwy public access (east end of Hall Rd), or Harley Ensign Public launch(east end of South River Rd).

Boat places you will catch fish, they have restrooms, plenty of parking, some grassy areas you can set up chairs, and bait stores near by, with snacks and beverages, etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
also take 9 mile till it ends there is a boat launch there but you can park and walk through the gate all up and down the canal to lsc. i caught large mouth in there, also dont think you have to pay unless you launch your boat. check it out

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mitchells bay there is a dock you can sit on just by the beach.Just go past the road to the marina to the lake.There is a small canal there also,fish that for panfish & bass next weekend.Belle river marina is a good place but they may not let you now the season is open.
Pretty much any canal or marina is full of panfish easy to catch.Windsor's whole waterfront is open to fishing in many area's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so far guys for all the great suggestions. I guess I should have added initially that I am on the Canadian side. [Chatham-Kent Area] That is why am looking for good spots to take the kids in and around Chatham-Kent. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions so far

Thanks

B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(daved @ Jun 18 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mitchells bay there is a dock you can sit on just by the beach.Just go past the road to the marina to the lake.There is a small canal there also,fish that for panfish & bass next weekend.Belle river marina is a good place but they may not let you now the season is open.
Pretty much any canal or marina is full of panfish easy to catch.Windsor's whole waterfront is open to fishing in many area's.

Thanks Dave;

That's great news. The kids have really taken to this and I would like to encourage them. Maybe someday they'll be catching like the "BIG BOYS" but for now I want to fuel their interest and have a few different places to take them. Like I said, I took them to Shrewsbury to the boat launch and dock there and they had a blast. The more little spots I can take them the better. Thanks again.

B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to share the genuine enthusiasm with you guys. This was the very first day they tried fishing and they've been asking to go everyday since. Just thought I'd let you see why anyone would want to fuel the interest when they're this Happy.

B.
Smile Sky High-visibility clothing Shorts Yellow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
U didnt say Canada...

Try Lighthouse Cove area near the Thames Mouth.

LOTS of people always shore fishing next to the restaurant at the river mouth. AND you can catch BIG ONES there...too.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Fishin3Kidz @ Jun 19 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wanted to share the genuine enthusiasm with you guys. This was the very first day they tried fishing and they've been asking to go everyday since. Just thought I'd let you see why anyone would want to fuel the interest when they're this Happy.

B.
View attachment 62819
Great age to get them started, and the smiles say it all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Contender @ Jun 19 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>U didnt say Canada...

Try Lighthouse Cove area near the Thames Mouth.

LOTS of people always shore fishing next to the restaurant at the river mouth. AND you can catch BIG ONES there...too.

Thanks, I never thought of Lighthouse Cove. Maybe have to take them out there this afternoon or on the weekend. I haven't been out there for years, and I think the last time I was there the water was really low. Always worth a try though. Thanks>

B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 19 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Fishin3Kidz @ Jun 19 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B.
View attachment 62819
Great age to get them started, and the smiles say it all.

Big Dog:

Yes they do don't they. I surprised them again on Monday and took them after school, back down to Shrewsbury. They had a blast. Two of them caught 2 each and the little one who slept through the first day combined as a team with her Grandpa and they caught 4 small ones. I think it's well worth finding a few different places to take them. It's nice to find something good that they are all interested in.
They've been asking all week since to go again.

B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts