Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a safe way to get from my seawall to my boat, both in the water & on the hoist.

When the boat is on the hoist, there is about a 2' gap to step across, but with a 5' fall to the water!

When the boat is lowered, then there is the 3' down and 2" across.

I'm in sales
. . . I need some ENGINEERING MINDS here, please!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Steve-

Can you control the lift from inside the boat?
If so, which would you prefer- boarding when it's
in or out of the water? Can you lift or lower it to
a specific spot? I'm sure we could come up with something- shouldn't be too complicated. It may
require some napkin sketches at Steve's Bar though.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
the most basic I see would be a hinged ramp (wood or steel) welded or bolted at the seawall should do it right? it could flip up to with padding on the bottom side where it could rest on boat just behind the arch maybe on the sunpad. and some lever on it that you can reach and filp it down when in the boat. just a basic gang plank reallly long enough to reach most or all boat positions and not interfere with anything on the boat.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Steve,

Why don't you just come straight up 3' from each one of those horizontal supports that the boat rests on with some kind of steel bracket and attach a 2 x 12...pad the side the boat is on. Just let it ride up and down with the hoist. Does that make any sence

·
12,052 Posts
Steve, Special Ed had one made for his Formula. A guy in SPYC is layed off and has done all kinds of welding and fab. work on the side for years. His portable welder could go right to your hoist. I can get his number from the roster or Ed probably still has it.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Such BRILLIANT MINDS at work!

I like all the ideas!
Hammer, could you track down that # for me?
I like 8MYL's idea of a meeting at STEVE's BAR!!
Tonight? Tomorrow night?

Bill,
To answer your questions:
Can you control the lift from inside the boat?
For now, I just jump up & hit the switch. I've been considering a remote.
If so, which would you prefer- boarding when it's in or out of the water?
Uhmmmm . . . both/either! Different situations apply to each.
Can you lift or lower it to a specific spot?
Sure!

·
12,052 Posts
His name is Greg. If you email or call Ed you would get it before I get home from work. He could probably stop by today. He lives by beacon cove.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Jul 7 2004, 12:59 PM)His name is Greg. If you email or call Ed you would get it before I get home from work. He could probably stop by today. He lives by beacon cove.
Email sent!

·
Registered
954 Posts
If that guy can e-mail me (or maybe hammer could) I also need to do a simalur thing to my hoist. My wife slipped 2 weeks ago (been getting on and off the hoist for 10 years) and sprained an ankle and got a few stiches also. My keep me out of the dog house with al my traveling.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 7 2004, 02:25 PM)If that guy can e-mail me (or maybe hammer could) I also need to do a simalur thing to my hoist. My wife slipped 2 weeks ago (been getting on and off the hoist for 10 years) and sprained an ankle and got a few stiches also. My keep me out of the dog house with al my traveling.
Nothing happend yet! However, I DO believe in Insurance!

I'll letcha know when I hear back!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
take the instigator to st clair fiberglass and have them make her two feet wider and then raise the deck about the same. think of all the extra cabin and deck space... it's a win win situation. maybe even a third engine...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jul 7 2004, 12:02 PM)...
Aftr lowering your boat, simply walk accross the ice and jump in. JEEEEEEEESSSSSEE how simple!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Gary and Steve, The number has been pm'd to you both. Greg will be the one to help you out. (the same guy Hammer is talking about)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts