Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGGH!!!!!! I am done giving my benefit of the doubt!!

I tried to see just a little bit of good and love in the parents of "those kids" from the other street and what has just happened SICKENS ME. The mom just left, after being here for 20 minutes (she was high on something <_<
) after the 3rd time now in not even 3 weeks she has been to my house @ 8:45 - 9:00 looking for her son because she doesn't know where he is.

How can you just let your kid run the streets from 3:15 to 8:45 and not even call or check to see where in the Sam He!! they are? Or if they've EATEN? Or if they have HOMEWORK? Or if they need a JACKET?!?!?!

Well, if you don't give a crap, that's how!

He came over after school today and asked to play - I said Sure! ~ but go home first and check in w/your mom and tell her where you're gonna be, drop off your school stuff, and then c'mon over and play. 5 minutes later he's back - playing nice w/Danielle. 4:45 I tell him he has to go home now, Danielle has to go to dance class. That was the last I saw of him.

I, once again wrote down my # for her. Urged her to get the parents' # of the other kids he plays with so, HELLO she can call and check up on him or atleast know where he is. I Flat out told this lady that her parenting skills are WAY TOO LAXand that I was DEEPLY concerned for all the kids' well being. Asked her how in the world is it that an 8 year old can be gone from 3:15 when school lets out until 9:00 pm and she CAN NOT KNOW where he is and NOT CARE?

I was not nice to her
and just about BLEW A FUSE when she said he needed to go to Havenwyck ( a mental hospital for troubled kids). REMINDER: THIS LADY WAS HIGH ON SOMETHING - I AM NOT STUPID AND COULD PICK UP ON THIS AS SOON AS SHE WALKED IN MY HOUSE!!

After she said that, I got like the Tom & Jerry cartoon - My head popped off my shoulders and steam & smoke started coming out both ears and I said "Do you think your son needs to be in a mental hospital when it is YOUR PARENTING SKILLS that need to be evaluated?!?!?!?" I told her I was DONE, to get in her car and please find her son. She said she was going to spank his a$$ when she found him, I said "Why? YOU'RE the adult here, YOU'RE the one who lets him run the streets freely, with no coat or shoes on, YOU'RE the one who is supposed to be responsible for YOUR KIDS, and frankly, what I see, neither you nor your husband aren't AT ALL! And you're going to spank him and send him to a mental hospital?!?!?!?!?!?!!?"

Okay, so he may be a tough kid to handle. But these 2 are some of the most negligent parents I have seen, and I will be at the school first thing tomorrow morning. If something happens and they don't find Chris tonight, knowing what I did a few weeks ago, I'd never forgive myself for trying to give these guys the benefit of the doubt and not get involved.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
RIGHT ON!!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts

bad parents s*ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
We got some Hillbillys on our block. Pattis got it out for them but Im a little more understanding. They remind me of old school parents. The kids are a little more free to get dirty and rome around. I guess the warden is right there a little rough around the edges. One is only well not even three and the other is nine. They show up early and wake us up on Sunday at like 8:30. Man the Beer Jammer does not appreciate that, but the other problem is off n on their in their pajamas. They very rarely ever have shoes on. They did this a couple of times in late march and early April. Man that 3 year old is always out n about. I dont think their rotten parents, I got my flaws to. Im just glad their around to make us look good
Yeah they should make a better effort to watch the little one. Coats and shoes are important.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ May 21 2003, 09:28 PM)We got some Hillbillys on our block. Pattis got it out for them but Im a little more understanding. They remind me of old school parents. The kids are a little more free to get dirty and rome around. I guess the warden is right there a little rough around the edges. One is only well not even three and the other is nine. They show up early and wake us up on Sunday at like 8:30. Man the Beer Jammer does not appreciate that, but the other problem is off n on their in their pajamas. They very rarely ever have shoes on. They did this a couple of times in late march and early April. Man that 3 year old is always out n about. I dont think their rotten parents, I got my flaws to. Im just glad their around to make us look good
Yeah they should make a better effort to watch the little one. Coats and shoes are important.
Their still married and the dad always waves high as he drives by maybe I should split a six pack with and politly make a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I probably have the straightest face I have every had when I say this. You go to that school first thing in the morning. Document everything as you did here and bring it with you. Contact Social Services. For information there are websites out there to give you some information before hand. I would think the school would contact them and try to keep you out of it as much as possible, however you are one of the witnesses to this neglect.

In the meantime open up a bottle of wine and grab a smoke. You have done the right thing this whole way through so far.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Some people just need to eliminate themselves from the planet, and make it a better place for the rest of us!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well good suggestion Boss, and I did just that. Tucked the kids in and needed to calm down. I got a phone call right after she left and the poor soul who was on the phone got one HELL of an earful (sorry Mini )

I've chilled out now, and know what I have to do. I have their # and was going to call after 10:00 to see if he made it home safe, but I think that would be crossing the line. Tomorrow, I'm doing like the principal of the school told me to do - he said if I see anything else at all, do not hesitate to talk to him because they are on top of this too.

On a side note, I saw the principal of the school today for the first time since "the BEER incident." He shook my hand and said he laughed so hard about that, and everyone he told did too because of my reaction on the phone.

I must've chilled out, I've ended on a light note. A BUD LIGHT!!!!!!!
Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't feel bad about you did but I have to say you better do something else soon and if you don;t want to I will. I am a parent and my son never even leaves my sight when I have him let alone wonder around. If you feel uncomfortable calling social services just give me there name and address and I will do it for you! My child is the most important person to me and then comes other peoples children and if the parents can't take care of them then it is our responsibility to do what is right. We need to remember that children are not smart and they don't know the difference between right or wrong and if you let this go on these children will end up missing, dead or in the end raising children of their own the same way and then it is just a viscious circle unless they are helped before it is to late!!!! Children are our future and if they are not taught the rights and wrongs of life when they are growing up, then how does the rest of childrens future look if they have to deal with the same thing that you are dealing with right now! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Just don't get me started. I would put any child before myself bottom line!!!!!! I hate to put this this way but if you don't do something soon you could end up being sorry! My ex is a child psychologist and the thing she says the most about kids like this is they just need to be hugged so nest tome you see them, well!! I could keep going but I'm tried now and.... before it's to late!!!! Well just don't let it get to that point, please!!! And the kids are probably thinking the same thing, somebody please help is running through their minds 24/7! Good day!

·
Registered
143 Posts
sorry folks about the spelling in the last reply but if you couldn't tell it hits a pretty big sore spot with me when someone can't handle being a parent!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(comeonin @ May 21 2003, 10:26 PM)shondog.....
Are you, by chance, related to Canehdiangirl? lol

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, my tail was in an uproar earlier too. Nothing that a little chocolate can't fix though - wise choice.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Everyone knows you will do what you feel is right and then feel great about your decision.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts