Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Dear Friends and Family,

On August 19, 2004 I will be taking on a huge challenge. I am participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day. I am going to be walking (or crawling) 60 miles over the course of three days, for a cause devoted to helping women discover breast cancer early enough to beat it and finally finding a cure. As you know walking that far is going to be no simple feat for me. I'm going to have to train hard and get in shape. I'm excited to make this my personal goal.

According to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, this year about 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Almost 40,000 will die of the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer.

As a condition of participation, I must raise at least $2,000 by July 2004. Proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation of $10, $20 or $50? Please keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. If anyone wants to walk with me let me know.

So, yes, this is a plea for your emotional and financial support. I thank you in advance for your generosity!

This certainly promises to be an unforgettable challenge.

2004 Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk Donation Form

Sincerely,

Amie (lou) Gaedcke
586-716-3458
8775 Arnold Rd.
Fair Haven MI. 48023

P.S. If you would like me to walk in someone's honor let me know and I will add his or her name to my shirt.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
I applaud you Aimeelou....
i will for sure donate to your cause !

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eddie, since your the first I'll (or Chris) will buy you a beer next time we see you!! I'm really excited and a little scared, but it will be so worth it.

·
12,052 Posts
That is quite a distance!! Good luck and congrats on your goal. I will also donate.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Three cheers for you, Amielou! We all know someone who's had it.

I will pledge $$$. Let me know where to send and when.

Thank you! Lisa

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
pm me and let me know who and where to send a check to ...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ck promotions & even planning will donate!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much guys, you are the best!! You've made my day. You can send a check to me made out to the Breast Cancer 3day or click the link above to donate on line. All my info. is also above. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
As a cancer survivor myself, I just visited the website, and will print out the form and send $$ tomorrow. There have been great strides in research and that has resulted in better quality of life for many, many people. But, although they can stop, or achieve 'remission' in many, many people, ther's no cure. Most folks don't realize that living with cancer is just like being an a recovering alcoholic...any day or doctor office visit or CAT scan, or MRI and you can fall off the wagon. I know. Been there done that, bought the Tshirt.

They say it takes alot to give alot, so good luck, I hope you go the distance. You got my $$.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
My grandmother is a breast cancer survivor. I'll be more than happy to donate to this cause. You're doing a great thing!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
There seems to be a problem with the link, it goers to your site but will not got to the secure site for donations. Maybe its just me, I dont know.

Mini

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Nov 17 2003, 07:23 PM)Jeff and I will make a donation in the near future to you for the cause!

I like how she doesn't discuss it with me first, but of course we would donate.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Hi Amy,
Good luck with the distance, I would be glad to contribute. Last month I did the Lance Armstrong Ride for the Roses 100 Mile Bike Race in Austin, TX... If you have any endurance related/training questions, I'd be glad to see if I can answer them. (I have never been an endurance athelete, but turned myself into a respectable one in 3 months time!)

One piece of advice, find out what the terrain is like! My ride had all kinds of elevation, and it almost killed me!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
waxonwaxoff...I will be asking a lot of questions!! Thanks. You guys are the best you've made my eyes water up. damn yankee I'll be adding your name to my shirt!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts