Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW...WOW...what a night! Manana II had her wedding shower last night and I of course had to be there. This was my first shower I have ever been to. For me, it is something that I will never forget. Manana II has been occupied with this for quite a few months...wanting to make sure all of her guest's had a great time. As I looked around, I saw Cyndi's closest friends, as well as family all there to support our wedding...and all bringing a very special gift for the upcoming celebration. I don't want to steal Manana II's thunder...but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all of the great gifts. It was great seeing Pauline, Shandog, Jewels, Moneyshot, Dawnie Dawn, (Amy-Capt. Chris's wife) (Robin - Instigator's better half) Blond Streak, and Janet. THANKS for making the wedding experience so special. Oh and remember....SHOWERING TOGETHER IS GOOD!

MANANA

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I went through that too, TWICE. Once for each side of the family.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
awe!!!

You were so cute yesterday, tomathy!! All out of your element yet being cool about it!!

Cyndi was beautiful and the food was divine... have some excellent pics of you two; thanks Shandoggie!!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Your Uncle Bob was a riot Tom!

Your speech at the end of the shower was so sweet

(Pauline - on the left where the avatars are click the Show All to find that avatar...just noticed that link now - doh!

I hope Cindy is in hog heaven today looking at all the gifts you guys got last night ~ what a nice shower it was!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Did anyone get her the 10 ft. long "Asprin Cotton Remover" she registered for?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
The shower was a success!

The food was awesome! The place looked so nice. Great Ambiance!

I too love Uncle Bob, he is such a nice man. It was great meeting Manana II's Dad and seeing her Mom again.
It was great to meet Laura and Jill as well.

And those 2 TSI chic's...I want to party with them...Helen and ?...anyways give them a big Howdie from DD Manana!

And yes Manana, your speech about how you two met~awesome!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(dewkat @ Jul 11 2003, 11:41 AM)where's my wedding invite?
Probably same place mine is.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
That would be funny. He invites all the sick-os from the board, even those he doesn't know. What a party that would be, huh??!!

I never went to no shower thingie when I got married!!! Was I supposed to?

·
Registered
699 Posts
It was an excellent shower!! Had a great time. Did Cyndi get any sleep last night or was she up all night with your gifts? She was so excited!! Almost as excited as Uncle Bob, right Shannon!! Don't blow it again!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Manana, you did a great job! Your story was great! I never heard that one before.

Had a great time, the food was great and I really liked that punch...I think I drank it all!!

Manana II - I bet you feel a lot less stressed! Everything turned out great, no shower to worry about today. It turned out perfect!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 11 2003, 11:01 AM)That would be funny. He invites all the sick-os from the board, even those he doesn't know. What a party that would be, huh??!!

I never went to no shower thingie when I got married!!! Was I supposed to?

We did that back in January for my birthday party. Manana II invited a bunch of people from LSCN that she didn't even know. it was a TOTAL BLAST!!!! We made a lot of new friends that weekend. We introduced everyone to the "Dare Chair"

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ Jul 11 2003, 12:24 PM)It was an excellent shower!! Had a great time. Did Cyndi get any sleep last night or was she up all night with your gifts? She was so excited!! Almost as excited as Uncle Bob, right Shannon!! Don't blow it again!!
I think Uncle Bob LIKED that comment Amy....

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Jul 11 2003, 11:36 AM)Manana, you did a great job! Your story was great! I never heard that one before.

Had a great time, the food was great and I really liked that punch...I think I drank it all!!

Manana II - I bet you feel a lot less stressed! Everything turned out great, no shower to worry about today. It turned out perfect!
THANKS everyone for your kind words....Okay so I go home for lunch. Manana II has the entire kitchen ripped apart unpacking stuff and throwing away old stuff. I mean really ripped apart. She's been going since 9:00 this morning. cleaning, packing, unpacking ALL of the kitchen cupboards. She pitched all my cool beer mugs and cool stuff that only a single guy can appreciate. It would be like me going in a chick's closet and pitching shoes
..It would be instant death. Anyway, all the new stuff looks so cool I guess I can deal with it

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTEundefinedTHANKS everyone for your kind words....Okay so I go home for lunch. Manana II has the entire kitchen ripped apart unpacking stuff and throwing away old stuff. I mean really ripped apart. She's been going since 9:00 this morning. cleaning, packing, unpacking ALL of the kitchen cupboards. She pitched all my cool beer mugs and cool stuff that only a single guy can appreciate. It would be like me going in a chick's closet and pitching shoes ..It would be instant death. Anyway, all the new stuff looks so cool I guess I can deal with it

Man, I can understand reorganizing your life when you get married. But I draw the line when it comes to throwing out my prized cool bear mugs. That's more than enough reason for me to file for divorce!

I sense that you are in the initial stages of Pu$$y Whipping. Please asert your manhood and keep that batchelor paraphanalia!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Jul 11 2003, 03:14 PM)QUOTEundefinedTHANKS everyone for your kind words....Okay so I go home for lunch. Manana II has the entire kitchen ripped apart unpacking stuff and throwing away old stuff. I mean really ripped apart. She's been going since 9:00 this morning. cleaning, packing, unpacking ALL of the kitchen cupboards. She pitched all my cool beer mugs and cool stuff that only a single guy can appreciate. It would be like me going in a chick's closet and pitching shoes ..It would be instant death. Anyway, all the new stuff looks so cool I guess I can deal with it

Man, I can understand reorganizing your life when you get married. But I draw the line when it comes to throwing out my prized cool bear mugs. That's more than enough reason for me to file for divorce!

I sense that you are in the initial stages of Pu$$y Whipping. Please asert your manhood and keep that batchelor paraphanalia!!

NO DOUBT!!! We got thru all of that when we moved into together 2yrs. ago. Actually...I found out she just moved all my cool stuff downstairs and placed in under the bar. At least I know my cool stuff is in a safe place rather than being stored in the kitchen cupboards and used for stupid stuff. She can have the kitchen...BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE GARAGE< MY OFFICE, and MY WORK ROOM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts