Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of ours has a lake on is property and yesterday I was fishing for bass in this lake (man there are some nice size bass). Anyway I hooked into a tiny bass and as I was bring it in something very big hit it, I had the drag set really tight and this thing was peeling line, unfortunately I could'nt set the hook because the smalled fish had swallowed the hook.When it finaly let go and I was able to get the poor smaller fish in it was riped to shreds. I never saw what it was and it did'nt hit again. But you better believe i'll be back on that lake again trying everything in my boxes to catch this monster with my camera ready

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Pike or Musky for sure..... Lake St.Clair Musky love eating bass, as I've witnessed it a few times this year already. We had one musky about 2 weeks ago actually stick his head out of the water with our smallmouth in its jaws, and shake it violently side to side like a dog with a chew toy. It should have been on National Geographic, there was blood flying everywhere.....needless to say, the bass didn't win the battle, and neither did we. I'll keep my fingers and toes in the boat thank you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My youngest son hooked a 5" bluegill. He got the fish to about 4' from the boat. A monster northern well over 40" nailed his fish. He was using a cheap 5' rod. Well it only took the pike 10 seconds to break the rod then the line. It was the most exciting 10 seconds of his fishing career. For the rest of the day everytime he hooked a fish he took his time getting it in trying to hook an other pike.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Way to go Angler Mom: That's something you'll never forget, I bet that got they old heart pumpin!!! Must of been something with teeth, hey what lake was that...Oh a secret one. lol I had a perch on one time and a 5lb pike came out of nowhere and slamed it right at the boat. I got to see it happen, battled the pike and captured both the perch and pike, hench the saying where there's perch there's pike. Great story and good work. Fish are sure fresh when they hit right at the oh boat side. There not tired out so they battle like crazy.

h2o

1 - 5 of 5 Posts