Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is gorgeous !!!

It was even hot in the sun !!!

Wonder who is still in and got out today ???

Sure was a great day for it. not much wind.

I did as much gardening as I could and drove the car again for the first time.

Had to have air on or window down...it was THAT warm !!!

Hope everyone enjoyed the day ! Shoulda had a bonfire tonight !!

·
LSCN Sponsor since 09/09
205 Posts
Toots went to see her dad up at Skidway Lake area (Bush Lake) before he leaves for Florida this week. (I was up there last weekend to cover his boat, so I stayed home.). I winterized the sprinkler system, shrinkwrapped the lawn furniture, cleaned up the yard, watched the Lions loose, and took our weiner dog Einstein for a boat ride. It was indeed a Great Day.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Ms. 311 and I rode the Harley to Yates Cider Mill, it was packed !!! Got some cider and donuts, sat down by the river and had a fresh donut dipped in cider - yum. Been going there since before we were married - 26 years - never get tired of it. (The cider and donuts.)

So what's with all the boats that are still in the water but not out on the lake today? I stopped by Beacon Cove around 11:00, lots of boats still in the wells. What's the point of leaving it in if you don't get out on a day like today ???

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Oct 18 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ms. 311 and I rode the Harley to Yates Cider Mill, it was packed !!! Got some cider and donuts, sat down by the river and had a fresh donut dipped in cider - yum. Been going there since before we were married - 26 years - never get tired of it. (The cider and donuts.)

So what's with all the boats that are still in the water but not out on the lake today? I stopped by Beacon Cove around 11:00, lots of boats still in the wells. What's the point of leaving it in if you don't get out on a day like today ???

see above thread Rob........

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ms. 311 and I rode the Harley to Yates Cider Mill, it was packed !!! Got some cider and donuts, sat down by the river and had a fresh donut dipped in cider - yum. Been going there since before we were married - 26 years - never get tired of it. (The cider and donuts.)

Bob, was that your boat I seen at North Bay today?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob, was that your boat I seen at North Bay today?
Yep that's me. I had a noisey gimbal bearing they're replacing for me. Amazingly, no suprizes, just the bearing, gimbal rings are fine. What time were you there? I was doing some putzing from about 11:30 to 2:00.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Changed the oil in the engines and generator today, cleaned the bilge, steam cleaned the carpets, took all of the bedding out, cleaned fridge, head etc...All while listening to the Lions stink it up yet again!

I was ON the boat, just never made it out!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
QUOTE(fishtales @ Oct 18 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>truly a nice day today....i can only dream on...

Our girl is in her indoor hibernation already...

Till next summer....

Fishtales and Welcome Aboard.

I see you live in Sterling Heights also.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Oct 18 2009, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob, was that your boat I seen at North Bay today?
Yep that's me. I had a noisey gimbal bearing they're replacing for me. Amazingly, no suprizes, just the bearing, gimbal rings are fine. What time were you there? I was doing some putzing from about 11:30 to 2:00.

Bob,

The cover was off, and I noticed the all white sun pad, so I assumed it was you! I stopped by to see some friends at Sun Up around noon! Odds are your head was in the builge and I missed ya! LOL

Ken

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(sunsation98 @ Oct 19 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Bob,

The cover was off, and I noticed the all white sun pad, so I assumed it was you! I stopped by to see some friends at Sun Up around noon! Odds are your head was in the builge and I missed ya! LOL

Ken

Around noon I was reinstalling my drivers side bolster. Had it repaired (welded) Saturday at Mayo welding since I couldn't find the GWAP. It broke during the Lexington trip, don't know what happened, might have been those six footers.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Bob,

I always say its the captains fault when something breaks, on performance boats anyways....

so my assumption is, it was not the six footers that did it.....it was the captain having entirely TOO much fun! LOL

So on that note, would ya like to trade boats! You'd be hard pressed to really break anything in that water on my bath tub, well that is of course besides maybe a beer sliding off the dash!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.