Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Went out the night before last with Stacey for some MUCH needed alone time on the water. We headed to the moot and saw one other boat in the whole bay, pretty tight to shore. Not wanting to intrude, or be bothered ourselves, we decided to hang out about 60 yards or so from shore in an area I thought only came to my waist.

NOPE! Jumped in and it was clear to my neck. Water levels have gotta be up 2 feet or so from last season, which will certainly allow boats access to parts not accessible before, and make gauntlets in the bay a lot tougher.

The bugs were pretty freakin outrageous too, so we booked out of there in a hurry (about 3 beers each) and just chilled out between the lights and huron pointe for the rest of the night. WAY nicer out there. No bugs, really light traffic, cold brews and some Robin Thicke settin that oh so right mood.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for those who haven't attempted to get into the bay, or who haven't tried beaching around the pond. Plus I haven't been able to say what's up in quite a long time (lost my job in February, just got a new one. Hope it pans out).

Happy boating all.

FNC

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Hey FNC Glad to hear from you I have also been out of work for a while Congrats on the new job Glad you were able to land something! Take Care and Keep in touch!
Say Howdy to Stacey

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
nice chart. NOT! stops at 200 pounds when most of american's are fat and overweight. so thats useless. not mention its a statistical chart....and 90 percnet of all statistics are made up on the spot.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
ok I forgive you
I found the link to the calculator. looks like I can have a grand ole time before risking jail!...
I was a littel conservative on the weight.

Blood-Alcohol Content Calculator

A person's blood-alcohol level is the result of a complex interaction of weight, gender, alcohol consumed, and time.

Weight (pounds)

Drinks Consumed
(12 ounces beer or equivalent)

Over Time Period (hours)

B.A.C.: 0.0729

The basic formula for estimating a person's blood-alcohol concentration comes from The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Each drink in this calculation assumes a volume of .54 ounces of alcohol (one shot of distilled spirits, a glass of wine, or 12 ounces of beer).

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cadmonkey... Thanks for straightening out Mr. FBain.... FNC posted something positive & he had to go & turn it into
a negative... To much of that goes on....

·
Registered
268 Posts
[quote name='bouttime1' date='Jun 24 2009, 06:19 PM' post='882840']
Cadmonkey... Thanks for straightening out Mr. FBain.... FNC posted something positive & he had to go & turn it into
a negative... To much of that goes on....

Some people just want to run there mouths.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 24 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 24 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That fbain post was ridiculous and uncalled for.

It should have been deleted!

I officially second that. Isn't there a rule about someone complaining and having it seconded being just cause for deletion?

·
Registered
491 Posts
QUOTE(fbain @ Jun 24 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah, I'm a real a-hole...

Agreed, but you might also want to add presumptuous before "a-hole" since the post lacked the critical data you needed to make such wild accusations.

·
Registered
702 Posts
You know its funny. FBain has only posted twice. Pretty nice job for a second post. Slam a board member that has been around for a while. I don't post much but I would never call someone out like that. First I dont know FNC so why make assumptions about him and if he can handle 3 beers or not? The law of .08 BAC is a joke as most people are not even close to impared at that low level. I know some people that are smashed at that level but most are not even close to being drunk after three beers.

FBain, If all you are here for is to bash us boaters for going out and having a cocktail or three on out boats to relax then find another forum and get a life!

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
I know Jon, and I know he is a responsible boater and one heck of a good guy.
I don't know Fbain, but I can see that if he keeps up at his current rate, he'll be a real popular guy around here.
Fbain you might want to read the rules posted at the top of each forum, and keep in mind the one about flaming. We are all friends around here and if you would like to be included in any friendships, I suggest you offer an apology. Sure, there are a few idiots around here, names will not be mentioned, but unless you want to be considered one of them, you might try a more pleasant approach.
That said- Welcome

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 25 2009, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fbain you might want to read the rules posted at the top of each forum, and keep in mind the one about flaming. We are all friends around here and if you would like to be included in any friendships, I suggest you offer an apology. Sure, there are a few idiots around here, names will not be mentioned, but unless you want to be considered one of them, you might try a more pleasant approach.
That said- Welcome

I can't help it...this cracked me up.

Jon...consider the source...the person doesn't even know you

·
Registered
166 Posts
Someone please tell me that FBain post is a joke.....? This person who ever it is cannot be serious. This has to be a PR post or something. If this is not the case and this person is serious.......oh boy you are not making any friends over here......Find some where else to Preach your sobriety. I would venture to say that on an average day most of the members on herewhile boating have alcoholic beverages in moderation. 3 beers in 2 hrs, and still impaired maybe if you are a 13 yr old girl, weighing 80lbs wet. Get real pal.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 24 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That fbain post was ridiculous and uncalled for.

Ditto

delete

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(fish n chicks @ Jun 24 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out the night before last with Stacey for some MUCH needed alone time on the water. We headed to the moot and saw one other boat in the whole bay, pretty tight to shore. Not wanting to intrude, or be bothered ourselves, we decided to hang out about 60 yards or so from shore in an area I thought only came to my waist.

NOPE! Jumped in and it was clear to my neck. Water levels have gotta be up 2 feet or so from last season, which will certainly allow boats access to parts not accessible before, and make gauntlets in the bay a lot tougher.

The bugs were pretty freakin outrageous too, so we booked out of there in a hurry (about 3 beers each) and just chilled out between the lights and huron pointe for the rest of the night. WAY nicer out there. No bugs, really light traffic, cold brews and some Robin Thicke settin that oh so right mood.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for those who haven't attempted to get into the bay, or who haven't tried beaching around the pond. Plus I haven't been able to say what's up in quite a long time (lost my job in February, just got a new one. Hope it pans out).

Happy boating all.

FNC
Glad you guys were able to get out on the water. Sounds like a great evening!

(Apparently, not everyone shares our ideas on a good time!
)

Good luck with the new job! Hope to see you posting more. Miss some of your stories (and avatars
)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts