Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know people's thoughts and/or comments on this topic.

During an adventure on Lake St. Clair a few years back, myself and a few of my friends were were boatnapped (whose boat shall remain nameless) and we were forced to spend the night various boats. My sister got so drunk that she hit on one of my hetrosexual female friends. Not only was this embarrassing for me, but I found myself confronting her and saying that if she was gay is was okay but to please only hit on people who are gay also. She swore she wasn't gay and had no memory of the event. She claimed she was "just too drunk!!"

I personally have never been that drunk that I have totally blacked out and not remembered what I do. I know I've been beligerent, lovey-dovey, silly, danced, swore, but I always remembered all of it.

What are peoples thoughts on the old stand by "I was just too drunk" when they did something really stupid.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
You are what you are.......I personally think the alcohol intensifies feelings and actions....Yeah, maybe you wouldn't do it sober, but I bet the thought crossed your mind (or her mind in this case).

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I can certainly speak from experience. I pretty much always have my memory blacked out after a heavy night of partying. I just pray that I don't do anything TOO BAD when it happens and if it does, that my friends kinda keep me in line!

·
Registered
481 Posts
i dont buy that excuse at all.

i'm a happy drunk and laugh at anything cuz it loosens me up. but, i know some people that are angry drunks and then say they dont remember saying something or doing something obnoxious.

i dont get it cuz no matter how drunk ive been, i've always been able to know the diff between wrong and right. and while it may give me some liquid courage to do something i normally wouldnt do, i was never able to not remember something. i think alot of times, that excuse is a copout so some people can get away with exposing their alter egos.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
No stories here...or maybe one two many stories...my motto...let's all say it:

If you can't remember it; It didn't happen!

That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I've blacked out a few times in my days. It's always from liqour never beer. I've even got a pic of myself from a "black out" night. It's funny as hell I look like I'm having the time of my life. Very rarely do I do anyhting that I need to be ashamed of the next morning form a black out other than some puke on ocassion.

My theory on your sister is all girls love girls and want to hook up a three way with me and them......wait that might be a dream and not a theory.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE(littlewing @ Jul 31 2003, 02:46 PM)i dont buy that excuse at all.

i'm a happy drunk and laugh at anything cuz it loosens me up. but, i know some people that are angry drunks and then say they dont remember saying something or doing something obnoxious.

i dont get it cuz no matter how drunk ive been, i've always been able to know the diff between wrong and right. and while it may give me some liquid courage to do something i normally wouldnt do, i was never able to not remember something. i think alot of times, that excuse is a copout so some people can get away with exposing their alter egos.
Dude, I wish it was a copout because believe me I don't like to blackout but I do.

On another note I never get violent or fight or anything. I'm a happy drunk, just maybe too friendly sometimes!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(littlewing @ Jul 31 2003, 01:46 PM)i dont buy that excuse at all.

I tend to agree with you, Little Wing.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
About 5 years ago a group of us went to a friend's cabin up in Harrison (near Clare) for the weekend. We drank n drank n drank all weekend. One night we were sitting around the camp fire with the radio cranked up and were singing along. A car pulls up and sure enough it was a police car.
Since I was going to take a wiz and grab a beer anyway, I decided to go see what the problem was. The officer asked what was going on... blah, blah and that we could be heard on the other side of the lake.
"Sorry sir, it won't happen again sir" I said.
The car pulled away, I grabbed another beer and went back to the fire to find my friends laughing their @sses off. Come to find out the officer was a woman and I was calling her sir.
To this day my friends still bring it up.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 31 2003, 01:51 PM)I've blacked out a few times in my days. It's always from liqour never beer. I've even got a pic of myself from a "black out" night. It's funny as hell I look like I'm having the time of my life. Very rarely do I do anyhting that I need to be ashamed of the next morning form a black out other than some puke on ocassion.

My theory on your sister is all girls love girls and want to hook up a three way with me and them......wait that might be a dream and not a theory.
!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jul 31 2003, 01:51 PM)I've blacked out a few times in my days. It's always from liqour never beer. I've even got a pic of myself from a "black out" night. It's funny as hell I look like I'm having the time of my life. Very rarely do I do anyhting that I need to be ashamed of the next morning form a black out other than some puke on ocassion.

ahhhhhh, i gotta admit and plead a little ignorance here after seeing reruns post. its always been mega beers combined with only a few shots that gets me hammered. not liqour exclusively. maybe liqour as opposed to beer has something to do with blacking out. done crazy stuff but always knew that i was doing it and remembered it the next day.

dang, its like a whole new world has been opened for me, gonna have to do some experimenting this weekend.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I'm famous for forgetting hours at a time when I've drank way too much.......

WHERE ARE MY KEYS AND PHONE??????????????????? lol

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 31 2003, 02:54 PM)"Sorry sir, it won't happen again sir" I said.
The car pulled away, I grabbed another beer and went back to the fire to find my friends laughing their @sses off. Come to find out the officer was a woman and I was calling her sir.
To this day my friends still bring it up.

Oooopppsss...I had another accident! Too bad she didn't take you away in hand cuffs!!!
(and i don't mean to jail) That is too funny.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(puppetshow @ Jul 31 2003, 03:02 PM)I've done things that I wished I didn't remember.......does that count????

Like what.... taking one for the team???

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I don't buy it as an excuse, period.

You did it regardless if you don't remember or were too hammered.

Take the responsibility is what I say.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(pampurred @ Jul 31 2003, 03:02 PM)I'm famous for forgetting hours at a time when I've drank way too much.......

WHERE ARE MY KEYS AND PHONE??????????????????? lol
Yep, I remember!

I hate that I always remember
It always comes back slowly and painfully and then I say, oh well....It was all in fun!

Still......drunk, sober....ya did it!

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Jul 31 2003, 02:04 PM)QUOTE(puppetshow @ Jul 31 2003, 03:02 PM) I've done things that I wished I didn't remember.......does that count????

Like what.... taking one for the team???

does waking up next to someone and having to chew your arm off like a coyote in a trap cuz its under their pillow and ya just wanna leave count?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.