Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(dpondo @ Dec 16 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anybody crazy enough to be fishing yet? If so how'ed you do? Where?

lmao, a friend went out today, says we have 3.5" on one of the smaller lakes in Hamburg twp. he's nuts! Wait a week, we are supposed to go into a deep freeze this week. lets hope anyhow.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
QUOTE(mikeamg430 @ Dec 17 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>started my search at Miller Marina. little ice in the marine, one guy fishing from the dock, looked to be about 2 inches (tops) at my closer inspections with a spud. i noticed those nice people running millers have put in several bubblers in the canals so the ice is gonna have a hell of a time forming this year in there. those [email protected]#!*&#. checked a few canals along 9-11 mile roads. those didnt seem iced over enough at all. who knows perhaps its the PCB's (LOL) keeping it from freezing. Next stop was ginos. the ice is about 100 yards out, forming nice, maybe 2 inches right by shore, tops. i tried walking out a little bit, but it was cracking/bending so id stay off it if i were you. oh, and the launch at ginos is totally fubared right now. stuff all in the way. i think with a bit of snow and the moving of a few concrete blocks though itll be all good. Next stop for me was metro - there were a few fishin off the docks but no one on the ice. i went around back down circle drive to check out the back bay cuz there is an open lot which gives you a perfect view of it. the whole back bay was totally frozen over, so my guess is it should be long now. stay safe guys, and remember, always let your fatter friend lead the way out!

Why are they [email protected]#!*&#.? Marinas do that to prevent the ice from causing damage to their docks. Beside that it's against the law for people to trespass on private property to access the water/ice.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I just got back from metro and there are 4 shantys. about 11 guys on buckets. I was told that there was about 5 inchs of ice till about 60 yds. Im heading out tomorrow morning to see if the fishies are hungry. I am fat so unlike most of the people i seen today i will be using a spud. lolol

·
Registered
88 Posts
QUOTE(Al Linder @ Dec 17 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didn't know ice caused damage to docks?

depends on the dock, but yes, ice plays he!! on docks it moves the footings, it can build up under the dock and just crush the structue. Also can be dangerous to drunk snowmobilers leaving the local watering hole. I'll see if i can dig up the pics of my grandfathers friends' docks. yea, thats plural, more than one. LOL. his last name shoulda been murphy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
QUOTE(fishingfreak @ Dec 17 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got back from metro and there are 4 shantys. about 11 guys on buckets. I was told that there was about 5 inchs of ice till about 60 yds. Im heading out tomorrow morning to see if the fishies are hungry. I am fat so unlike most of the people i seen today i will be using a spud. lolol

where is this "RAFT" place im looking on the map and can not find it.... also wheres a good place to buy bait now? ive been gone a while so any info would be a big help. Thanks

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
QUOTE(TuKwick @ Dec 18 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(fishingfreak @ Dec 17 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just got back from metro and there are 4 shantys. about 11 guys on buckets. I was told that there was about 5 inchs of ice till about 60 yds. Im heading out tomorrow morning to see if the fishies are hungry. I am fat so unlike most of the people i seen today i will be using a spud. lolol

where is this "RAFT" place im looking on the map and can not find it.... also wheres a good place to buy bait now? ive been gone a while so any info would be a big help. Thanks

The Raft is a bar on Anchor Bay/Bouvier Bay. It is about 3/4 of a mile south of Palms Rd. on m-29/23mile rode. About 1 mile south of the Fair Haven launch.

Click here for map.

The Raft has parking and access to the lake. I'm not sure if they charge to park.

Matt

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was @ 11 mile and saw some dude walking down the canal and so I went to test the ice and......I will wait a while longer. If I was like 95# I might do it ........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts