Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

This is my first post so bare with me. I fished cotton road last sunday and man was it a zoo out there. I saw a lot of fish but couldn't get them to bite. I hope to make it back out there this weekend and give it another try. Has anyone been out there recently? I was wondering if the fish were bitin or are they still just lookin?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The perch at Cotton Rd. have smartened up, and they are finiky... what has been working best is a small #12, #14 green and white or glow tear-drops tipped with spikes or wigglers. I also had luck with #10 pink to white red eye fade tear-drop with 1 1/2" (or smaller) minnows tail hooked. During this time waxies did not get hit.

A few days ago anglers were slow I had taken 20+ keepers (smallet about 11") in about a hour.

Don't drop the dinks in the same hole as it seemed to SPOOK the perch below... and would stop bites. I was taking them to another hole about 15' away and dropping them in there.

There was one guy there slamming them as well using redish-orange and green salmon eggs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I am gonna head out this weekend I'll let everyone know how things go.

If ya hear anything about the fishing let everyone know.

Good Luck guys! Go get em!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fishing on Cotton road is hit in miss, I live there, but!!!!!!!! I have found that most give up to early, they start kicking in around 2pm, use red colored eggs the only way to go, do park where it is only legal or they will get you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts