Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(freshlypipes90 @ Jan 20 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i tried at night about a dozen times this year and havent caught anything. has anybody had any luck at night? and if so whats some good tips? it would be greatly appreciated

i tried a sag river last week marked tons of fish but only three dinks in 4 hours think we was in the wrong spot try canals that are known for crappie. Try a light that will shine into the water fish about 3 feet outside the edge of the light

·
Registered
88 Posts
its been a weird winter thus far, but I went out monday night and slammed the gills on an orange glo jig and a waxxie and my friend did just as well on a white w a red dot rear drop and a waxxie. But that was on a local lake.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've been out three or four times at night and have never even caught a fish. I've tried putting the light on the ice, glow jigs, and everything else. Of course, I hear they hit really light so I might have gotten a bite and not known it. I would have had to put my beer down.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE(Cleetus94 @ Jan 20 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've been out three or four times at night and have never even caught a fish. I've tried putting the light on the ice, glow jigs, and everything else. Of course, I hear they hit really light so I might have gotten a bite and not known it. I would have had to put my beer down.

LMAO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me and my buddy use to go at night years ago. We found that we would set up the shanty then outside we would clear the snow off the ice where our holes were. Then we would light a double mantle coleman and place it on the Ice. When we got back in the shanty you could see really good down the holes. We would use Moon Glows and it worked most of the time. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts