tuesday12.22%
wednesday12.22%
thursday00.00%
friday12.22%
saturday2964.44%

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Wallysteve and I have been talking of doing another get together for members here. Steve talked to jackie at nautical mile bp and are thinking we will all meet up there and launch nearby. We are looking for what day works for everyone. Once we get the top three days we will post options for what date it can happen. Steve also talked to jerry over at anglers point and he is planning one for February sometime. We are thinking of having a kids tourney if we can get enough kids into it.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
How about continuing the tradition of last year and making it a food drive? Both events last year were extremely successful and everyone had a blast while donating several thousand cans/boxes of food. The need is there, and those of us who can help should.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Dec 9 2009, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How about continuing the tradition of last year and making it a food drive? Both events last year were extremely successful and everyone had a blast while donating several thousand cans/boxes of food. The need is there, and those of us who can help should.
Sounds good to me. I didn't get a chance to attend last year. Stayed up all night trying to replace the ball joints on my truck and by the time i got done i was in no way shape or form able to drag my gear out onto the ice. Maybe jackie will take the goods at her store and then we can drive them to where they need to go.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Also if a mod can pin this it would be greatly appreciated
Scratch that. We will have you guys pin the one with the dates on it.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
The food drive sounds good but I think it should not be mandatory. Was the food given to a local food bank.

The kids tourney will be at the one at the 9 mile bp in late January.

Anglers piont is looking at having a full tourney for everyone sometime in the middle of Febuary.

Exact details has not been worked out for eithor just trying to get an ideal of how many adults/kids would like to come. There will be heaters and hot drinks there too. I have a couple snow mobils we can use to transport with.

Please post any ideals for either event anyone may have and sometime soon we will give all the details.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Dec 9 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The food drive sounds good but I think it should not be mandatory. Was the food given to a local food bank.

Anglers piont is looking at having a full tourney for everyone sometime in the middle of Febuary.

Exact details has not been worked out for eithor just trying to get an ideal of how many adults/kids would like to come. There will be heaters and hot drinks there too. I have a couple snow mobils we can use to transport with.

Please post any ideals for either event anyone may have and sometime soon we will give all the details.
we did two food drives. the first one was for a food shelter in pontiac (ithink), and the second was for McWarm at st. margaret in st. clair shores.
I am currently working on a food drive to serve st. margaret's program for the entire ice fishing season.
details to follow soon...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I believe the Lake St. Clair Walleye Association is having their Kid's Ice Fishing outing on Sunday, Jan. 31 at Gino's. I'll see if I can verify this.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(Top Gun @ Dec 9 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Dec 9 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The food drive sounds good but I think it should not be mandatory. Was the food given to a local food bank.

we did two food drives. the first one was for a food shelter in pontiac (ithink), and the second was for McWarm at st. margaret in st. clair shores.
I am currently working on a food drive to serve st. margaret's program for the entire ice fishing season.
details to follow soon...

just wanted to say thanks to top gun for stepping up to handle the food drive part of the get together

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
I would love to meet some of you guys that don't know me and this is in my neck of the woods. I dropped of a load of goods last year at Jimmy's and did a drive by through Gino's but the conditions last year were brutal.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Would also be best if everyone stuck together and fished the same area. That would make it a real get together. Not everyone going in different directions.
After all a get together should be sharing stories and talking to each other and fishing.

A big circle of shanties would work perfect.

h2o

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(h2o @ Dec 9 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Would also be best if everyone stuck together and fished the same area. That would make it a real get together. Not everyone going in different directions.
After all a get together should be sharing stories and talking to each other and fishing.

A big circle of shanties would work perfect.

h2o
THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING. i MIGHT HAVE ROOM FOR ONE IN MY SHANTY IF RENEE DOESN'T GO. I WON'T KNOW FOR SURE TILL WE GET A DATE SET.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I am going to set up a shanty for the ones that don't have one to come warm up in ''kids first'' I am also going to have hot dogs and hot cocco ''sorry i am not bringing a keg''.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
If I cannot attend again, I will most definately donate food for the cause. It seems saturdays works best for normal people, and january and feb we have the weekends already booked solid, not including funeral luncheons.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I dropped of a few things last year but due to sickness in the family i was unable to attend. I would love to meet more people from the site. I have met a few people and if they are all as good hearted as the couple i have met then I think this will be a very good Idea. I have 4 kids, so a kids turny would be awsome. I have a 4 man shanty that I could use for people to get warm. My kids are used to being out in the cold and sharing a shanty since this is the first time with a 4 man shanty. as long as its on a weekend you can count me in.I also have a quad so I could help bring sleds out to the ice. I do beleive that we should have our own little shanty town for lscn members during these get togethers.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We will leave this up until sunday night. Then I will put together one with dates and we can vote on dates. This will obviously be an all day event but we will have a start time that we will meet at the NAUTICAL MILE BP. once we have a date and time set we will also post a second date and time in case of rain or just plain bad weather. I also will bring some dogs, and possibly bring a pot of VENISON chili and my camp stove to keep it heated on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts