Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to break down and try ice fishing
. A few of my buddies want to go after work. While LSC is obvioulsy my first choice, I need to find somewhere close to home. Which of the Waterford lakes is good for ice fishing guys?

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
You might give Pontiac Lake or Cass Lake a try. On Pontiac, try in between the islands and the south shore. Also, try the drop off just off of the beach on the north side of the lake. Of course, check where the ice shanties are. They don't plop them down just anywhere. I drove by there today and they seemed to be grouped near the islands. You can see them from M59.

On Cass the lake is loaded with drop offs and humps. Because it is 90% private you will probably have to go in via the state park which has pretty good fishing along the beach and the canals near the boat launch. Some good humps are out on the lake near the beginning of the west end of the lake.

I hope this helps. Good luck where ever you end up fishing,

Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not too far from Waterford is White Lake. White lake is nice because it has a good all around balance of decent sized fish (Walleye, Bass, Pike and Perch). Try from the launch to go to the south of the island. If you go on a weekend, go early because once the snowmobiles come out you can forget catching anything decent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts