Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TERRIBLE!! went out this morning behind the Raft. DNR galavanting around on 4 wheeler,disturbing the innocent and conversing with the guilty, as usual!!! Water VERY low, first time there since summer. Good clear water though.. Talked to alot of guys and all said that the fish must be under the new ice,(only 1") supposedly hitting hard last week.

Been fishing Metro canals lately and catching ALOT of small perch with a few keepers..

Anybody know about Cotton Rd. or S.River???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fished Cotton rd. on Saturday AM. 4 of us fished for 3.5 hours and only had one keeper out of 10 caught. Water was very dirty and ice was anywhere from 6 inch thick to 2 inches thick. The further out you go the thinner the ice gets. The 2 inch ice was on about 4-5 feet of water. A couple people went out further but not me. O'ya, was using minnows and wigglers, most caught on minnows with tear-drop.

·
LSCN Sponsor
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
two weeks ago i slammed the perch at cotton rd. any where you fished,,, u slammed em

·
Registered
6 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by washboy69:
TERRIBLE!! went out this morning behind the Raft. DNR galavanting around on 4 wheeler,disturbing the innocent and conversing with the guilty, as usual!!! Water VERY low, first time there since summer. Good clear water though.. Talked to alot of guys and all said that the fish must be under the new ice,(only 1") supposedly hitting hard last week.

Been fishing Metro canals lately and catching ALOT of small perch with a few keepers..

Anybody know about Cotton Rd. or S.River???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Excuse me everyone I goofed up my reply to this post please forgive me (lol). What i wanted to say is South River rd is still water and still huntin ducks! Thank You. I also want to say I really enjoy your reports keep em up.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
LoL...i've watched the guys fish out on the salt river this past weekend and they didn't get anything worth keeping.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We were duck hunting this last weekend 4&5. lots of open water. very clear. out between metro and the south channel. Sun it was open all the way to south river. lots of shifting ice!!!! wind went from the north to west and blow the ice out of metro from the point. Thinking of just taking the decoys out and fishing from the boat. Doug

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Alot of people going out on the canals in St. Clair Shores...Jacks, Miller's, etc....
Fish are being caught...just have to sort through them to get the nice keepers. Fish are being caught at Metro Beach in the boat basins, too.... wigglers on teardrops working best in both areas.

Lakeside Fishing (10 mile & Jefferson) has all your ice fishing needs, including bait (wax worms, mousies, spikes, wigglers, and emerald shiners). Large selection of of ice jigs, rods, line, shanties, augers, etc.!!!! See you at Lakeside Fishing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts