Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank God, I'm so glad that he gave man the brains to design and develope power augers. Last time I was out (2weeks ago) you could still get away with a spud. With all of this cold weather the ice has thickened to almost 18 inches in the canals that I have been fishing.

The thick ice seemed to have pushed the large schools of perch out into the lake. Last saturday, my son Dylan and I got into some nice gills. The perch seemed almost non exsistant. We still had a great time, we had to move around alot, but we finally found'em.

I thank God that my son loves fishing so much. This kid loves to fish. When we get home from fishing his brain still sees fish in the hole.

Here's to all my friends, hope your having a great winter (LOL), and Alex it was really good to hear from you again. To bad that you don't ICE FISH. This is the only time of year that I catch more fish than you.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I only fish when I can wear my sandals.

Dave (the other Dave Carter) was out on Clair on Saturday, near metro. I guess they got into a few 14 inchers. I almost went on Sunday, but then I walked outside.....burr

·
Registered
320 Posts
Alex,

I'm with you Bud.

Ice is for the Red Wings to play on.

Ice is for your lower back, after returning to Harley Ensign from Erie on a weekend afternoon. (just in time for the weigh-in)

Ice is for iced tea, ( or scotch)

Nice to have you back Alex!

(Basstrap- not raggin' on you, it's just not my thing. Hope you have fun and catch bunches)

Regards,

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts