Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out with my son Dylan and had a ball. I've never seen so many fish. We managed to keep 35 perch 8 inches and up.

We were using small ice fishing jigs tipped with Lure Jenson Red Beads.

Here is a tip to get the bigger ones going. Let the tear drop sit on the bottom and snap it off the botton letting it return and creating a tuff of silt off of the bottom. Repeat this process a few times, the bigger ones are usually lurking just outside the small ones. They will become curious and take a look. You only get one chance at them once you get them interested so do your best minnow or wiggler imatation to get them to strike.

Also don't be afraid to lure schools in with a jigging rapala. You many not always get them to skrike at it but you will get them to come into the hole.

Good luck and Good Fishin

Joe DiGiovanni

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Great job Joe....and thank you for the report!

I might have to make another trip....

BTW I got your message...call me tomorrow around lunch and I will fill you in.

Mini

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the information, I've only been out at metro beach and catching small ones...can you suggest the locations(s)?

Dave

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
D Man,
If you have been fishing in the main basin, try behind the island located in the basin. By now the ice should be safe. Also try the cut that runs along (east and west) the entrance to metro beach. If your catching small ones move 10 yards and you may connect with some larger ones. I also heard that cotton rd. was producing some good ones. Harson's Island and the cuts around them always have good fish.

I have access to alot of private canals, the only way into them would be either to Break the Law, which I don't recommend, or come in from off the lake.

Just remember, thats why they call it fishin' to catchin'

For every 6 trips that I've taken, one of them will be a good one where I get on some good one's.

I'm know searching, and trying to catch one of the nastiest looking and most smelly fish that the lake has to offer. My friend "Mac" needs his antenna decorated. (Ongoing inside Joke )

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Now WHY would you want to do that to me Joe??..Geez,..you act like it's been done to you a couple of times!! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts