Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Its your friendly neighborhood creel clerk reporting in with an ice fishing report.

Well guys, i can some up this weekends report with one word 'SLOW'. For a majority of the people i spoke with this weekend fishing action around Selfridge and Cotton Rd was very slow. The water clarity is similar to Lemonade, meaning you can only see about a foot or so beneath the ice.

I did have one set of guys on Saturday come in with 100 perch with quite a few in the 11 to 13" range. An amazing catch considering the first 25 guys i talked to caught only a couple.

Cotton Rd produced more consistent action for the guys out there but as with most places you needed to be in the right place at the right time to find the bigger fish.

Again Metro Beach and the canals are producing a few big fish but most are small.

Brandenburg has safe ice only out to the tip of the pier. The guys out there said the water was a little shallow (3ft) for their liking.

I did hear that the pike action was good in the Fairhaven area and behind the Raft bar. Although i heard that the perch action was slow as well with a lot of small ones being caught.

I think once you guys are able to get out on the lake around South River Rd and Metro and out a little farther around Selfridge and Cotton Rd you will find more and bigger fish.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck Guys, Hope to see ya on the ice!!

Jeremy Maranowski
CREEL CLERK
MIDDLE LAKE ST. CLAIR

The fish around Selfridge seemed to want wigglers over anything else.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Thanks Jeremy. I hope you don't mind but I sent a copy of your report to some friends of mine who I get together with every Martin Luther King day to fish. We appreciate your candid information.

Jim

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Thanx alot Jeremy for the report. Keep up the good work!

I am looking forward to seeing you again this spring @ the launch.....maybe another Crappie trip?

BTW have you heard from Ed?

Mini

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.