Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out today w/the boy Cotton Rd. We were the first out 7:30am-10am just left of the access about 50-75yds out. Water was milky 10" visibilty solid 4" ice..8 Dinks 3 others out in shanty's

Stopped at Selfridge talked with Anglers Point...three guys out..not too far, open water..talked w/few guys near ramp...no fish.

Drove by Brandenberg 10:45am two duck boats out to the left/south......two guys in shanty's (Nuts) on the edge of the water/ice...Ice is about 20 yds out from the end of pier. I walked out from the launch 30 feet hit the ice 2X with spud and it went through.....should be good next weekend..

Drove by New Baltimore in front of the PD Very little ice, open water just past the beach area....

Fair Haven launch 5 cars.. fw guys out to the left of the launch area in shanty's

Raft. 11:30am Lot was full but we got a spot. about 50-75 shanty's and a few crazies on buckets. Got reports of dinks everywhere. we ended up straight out from the launch, past the island. past the broken up/frozen ice area just on the boarder of new ice. Just a few guys past that area 3 fow. Ice was a solid 3-4" crystal clear sand bottom. schools came in every 45minutes 50-100 dinks along with 5 keepers and a jumbo or so. We fished from 1200-3:30 and counted 125 total we maybe had 10 legitimate keepers. tossed all back but had a blast. Fish were very aggresive, VERY! Didn't need bait. Hit KENS Hook Chartruse red bead/KENS silver/red bead/SM gold spoon w/minnow. When able to, we tipped the KENS w/spikes...

VERY, VERY Windy.....Ended the day with a Raft burger/few cold ones. fun day even though we didn't take any home!

**Used my Auger/drill adapter today...6" auger blade, Makita 18v Lithium...Not too sure on this set up yet..drilled about 8-10 good holes per battery during the day...

P.S. Get a few 8" lag bolts/Lg washers to secure your shanty to the ice. It worked out pretty good for us today, and without them, I think we would of went for a ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE(STOSH @ Jan 2 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Started out today w/the boy Cotton Rd. We were the first out 7:30am-10am just left of the access about 50-75yds out. Water was milky 10" visibilty solid 4" ice..8 Dinks 3 others out in shanty's

Stopped at Selfridge talked with Anglers Point...three guys out..not too far, open water..talked w/few guys near ramp...no fish.

Drove by Brandenberg 10:45am two duck boats out to the left/south......two guys in shanty's (Nuts) on the edge of the water/ice...Ice is about 20 yds out from the end of pier. I walked out from the launch 30 feet hit the ice 2X with spud and it went through.....should be good next weekend..

Drove by New Baltimore in front of the PD Very little ice, open water just past the beach area....

Fair Haven launch 5 cars.. fw guys out to the left of the launch area in shanty's

Raft. 11:30am Lot was full but we got a spot. about 50-75 shanty's and a few crazies on buckets. Got reports of dinks everywhere. we ended up straight out from the launch, past the island. past the broken up/frozen ice area just on the boarder of new ice. Just a few guys past that area 3 fow. Ice was a solid 3-4" crystal clear sand bottom. schools came in every 45minutes 50-100 dinks along with 5 keepers and a jumbo or so. We fished from 1200-3:30 and counted 125 total we maybe had 10 legitimate keepers. tossed all back but had a blast. Fish were very aggresive, VERY! Didn't need bait. Hit KENS Hook Chartruse red bead/KENS silver/red bead/SM gold spoon w/minnow. When able to, we tipped the KENS w/spikes...

VERY, VERY Windy.....Ended the day with a Raft burger/few cold ones. fun day even though we didn't take any home!

**Used my Auger/drill adapter today...6" auger blade, Makita 18v Lithium...Not too sure on this set up yet..drilled about 8-10 good holes per battery during the day...

P.S. Get a few 8" lag bolts/Lg washers to secure your shanty to the ice. It worked out pretty good for us today, and without them, I think we would of went for a ride.

WOW I'm a virgin on this site, but boy that was the complete report from the man on the seine. nice to see. everytime i go i get skunked . i think its the company i keep.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i know what cha mean by going for a ride. lmao

happened to me last year and boy was it crazy. went about 50 yards in my one man shappell rover and it scared the chit out of me.

nice report

1 - 6 of 6 Posts