Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have been out....

I actually got on the ice for a while on Monday. Cuaght quite a few perch, but most were tiny. Only had 4 that were worth cleaning, and I let them go.

Thank you to Basstrap896 for inviting me...

Mini

·
Registered
35 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by John Maniaci:

I actually got on the ice for a while on Monday. Cuaght quite a few perch, but most were tiny. Only had 4 that were worth cleaning, and I let them go.

Mini

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was out Tuesday afternoon, we only caught small ones also on wrigglers; did meet on person who had a bucketful though not that big. What's up with all the small perch?

QUOTE]Originally posted by John Maniaci:

Mini[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
looks like the weather will be good this weekend though. hope to get out there myself.

i do have a question though. it seems alot of the guys prefer using wigglers and spikes instead of minnows. i have always done pretty well with minnows myself.

my question is, is it a question of price, with regards to bait, or do you all really have alot of success with those other baits?

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont ice fish as much as I used to, but when I did.....we used to get them all. Some days it is one bait over another, and there is nothing worse than the fish wanting what you dont have.

For the most part I used to catch more fish on spikes and mousies. Or I would use the Berkley Power Bait when they were really biting good.

Mini

1 - 5 of 5 Posts