Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, I'm kind of new to ice fishing this year but I have discovered a little trick. I was getting kind of frustrated with fish that weren't very interested in my wax worm or mousey so I started playing around with my presentation. What I found was that I got alot more hits if I hooked the bait through the "head" area and left as long a tail as I thought I could without it falling off. I've noticed that this gives much better action than putting the hook through the entire body of the bait. That extra tail seems to give more wiggle and I get more strikes.
Again, I apologize to the veterans of the board but I'm new to the board and to ice fishing and I just want to help out where ever I can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pegging the spike to the hook by the head is pretty common. Try two or three at a time hooked the same way if one isn't working. I usually have the best luck with on though. Of course I'm one of those guys that thinks the 1.50 spikes are too expensive to loose and then I think nothing of loosing a 5.00 crankbait on the rocks. Fishermen, go figure. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts