Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how often do you get out on the ice?
How often do you get out on the ice?
I spend every living moment in my shanty.00.00%
Daily12.08%
Every couple days1327.08%
Once a week1939.58%
Once or twice per season816.67%
We have ice on the lake?714.58%

·
Registered
72 Posts
this year i have been out every sturday and sunday except for one weekend.. i can't go during the week because of work but no work on saturday and sunday so you can catch me out on the ice either by myself or a small city.. lol i love to ice fish

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I gave it up 14 yrs ago when I got a job working outside all winter.Brrrrrrrrr!!!! Now I'm back to once a week. I can go more but getting no fish this year. . Been married 41 yrs and she wants me gone, and if I get any, I'll go tomorrow, then tommorrow again, and again, and etc. etc.....................but 'til I get 'em, she'll just have to put up with me. LOL Sad day for her when I retired!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
I've been out a total of 5 times this ice season, which is the most I've been out in one season in the last 12 years. I have no plans to go out the rest of this season. If I had a shanty I probably would go out more. My old out-of-shape body can't handle sitting out on those windy days.

I was hoping to get one of those end of the season clearance sales on a shanty but there weren't any that I was aware of. I wanted to get Shappell Rover 2.0 but those pull over style shanties are probably too heavy to pull on foot.

·
Vendor
797 Posts
Come on zib. Real fisherMEN don't use shanty's
j/k. I had a shanty but for me I like just the bucket. With the shanty I was just too lazy to pack up and move when I felt I needed to. There are some days that I'm out that I would have liked a shanty though, like a few weeks ago when it was 8 or 9 degrees with some wind.
Oh, to stay on topic, I try to get out once a week.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Before I had a kid i went out a lot. I have the pop shanty, heater, flasher ect. But last week was the first time on Lsc ice fishing in 3 years. Now soft water is another story. I made a deal with wifey that i would be home in hte winter but april-early nov im free. So long as i miss nothing important

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.