Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing all these messages about dumb dumbs taking their trucks out on the ice so early makes me furious! C'mon folks, grow a few brain cells. It just started freezing for god's sake! I know that 4'' -6'' inches is considered safe for a tank. But I also know that if Ill rip off my outdrive on someone's freggin' submerged F150, Ill be going ice fishing with a 12 gauge next winter.

Just look at this story:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2760868/detail.html

It proves once again that the ice is NOT safe for people yet, NOT TO MENTION VEHICLES!!!!

Sorry, i had to vent.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just watched a special report on Channel 4 News. Fifteen people had to be rescued yesterday - 9 out of Chesterfield Twp, 3 out of Harrison Twp and 3 out of Ira Twp. No cars, no snowmobiles, just got stranded.

People are taking their cars out there? It's a real drag because it's making it unsafe for all the other ice fishermen.

I'm not going back out there until we get that hard core deep freeze back.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Seen it as well. That didnt even have cell phones on them. Well I guess its not like there expecting to drift away. Still I find it hard to feel sorry for them.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Reason #432 that I don't ice fish. Just not worth it to me. Of course tackling high seas and going 70mph in a bass boat...now that is safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts