Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will be heading down to the Coast Guard station on Jefferson either tonight or tomorrow to check the conditions so I will post here when I do.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The lake cams on this site still show water out there. The water has been pretty choppy, thus preventing ice, but I am sure some of the canals will be thickening up

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just drove by Fair Haven. There a few people out just past the grass by the Raft. Then went past the DNR access/ boat launch few guys out there 2. Stopped at my marina seems to be about 4 inches in the canal

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Check the dates on the lake's web cam's one is Dec.12th

h2o<----says no wonder there's water

·
Registered
241 Posts
Drove down to the Coast Guard Station at 8pm last night to have a look. There was ice from Metro all the way down to 9 mile but it only goes out a couple of hundred yards from the shore and most looked to be still skim ice. Maybe by the weekend we will have good ice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Duffy's date is Jan 04. But I am sure there is ice there too by now. Won't be long til good ice all over. Hate to say it, but I hope it stays cold to preserve the water levels. Lots of ice and snow

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just went down to the Bay off Cotton Road. I and about 1000 other people had gone down there to check it out. Anxious fishermen...I love it.

Nice ice is forming and is out a couple hundred yards. Should be ready for shanties soon if it stays this cold.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was beginning to wonder if it was going to be like a couple of years ago with the warm weather and hardly any safe ice..I think we are all ready for it..

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a brand new Viking portable for Christmas and I am itching to try it out!

Who am I kidding I know it will work just fine... I just can't wait to pull some jumbo slabs through the ice!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Will be going back out again today with the auger. If safe I will attempt to make a few holes in a couple of different locations and report back in tomorrow with the depths. I am planning on hitting the Coast Guard Station, then over to the Spillway area and then over to Anchor Bay. Time to break out the life vest and the neoprenes.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Metro page of the Detroit News shows an ice fisherman out on Lake St. Clair.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ahhhhhhh, Thanks bunches y'all on the updates. I've been the lazy fool of late.
Errrrrrr, maybe I can use the excuse for just being patient. For those of you choosing to venture out with minimal conditions. Play safe....

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
This morning up by Fairhaven there was probably about 50 people out fishing. Maybe about twenty shanties and they were actually pretty far out there considering it was open water everywhere last Sunday. No one driving anything motorized yet though!

It's time to fish!

John

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's about three inches of ice at Fairhaven according to anglers I have talked too. Also have about three inches off Cotton Road but parking is very limited.

Jon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts