Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy is definitely in the running. I was headed up North River Road from Mac Ray this afternoon. As I looked to my left at the wells that are now owned by McMachen, a boat headed up the river caught my eye. It wasn't actually the boat but the young girl, seemingly about 12. She was standing on the swim platform dipping her toes in the water while her dad, brother, or whoever it was piloted the vessel upstream! I couldn't frikkiin believe it. The boat was somewhere in the 26 footer range. An older cabin cruiser with a lot of freeboard... the girl's head was barely above the height of the transom. There's no way he could have been able to see her very well, even if he was trying. He wasn't trying though. He was looking straight ahead. Had I not been in traffic and had cars coming the other way as well, I'da jammed on the brakes, pulled over and yelled at the toolbag. I knew that by the time I could have looped back around he'da been past the clearing and out of my sight. where are people's heads???

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
WOW! That's scary!!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I kept thinking about doubleing back down Old North River Road and pulling into someone's driveway so I could run down to the water and ask the guy WTF? Then after not doing so "what if" kept going through my mind.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Hopefully nothing happened, AND they learned something!

You can't watch your kids every second, but come on!

·
Registered
996 Posts
This guy does it all the time. We were yelling at him last year as he had 3 girls on his swim platform of doing the same thing going up the river past our house. As they got to the bend and just about out of sight it looked like one of the girls was about to sit down on the swim platform....we were hoping she didn't dangle her legs behind the boat

·
Registered
129 Posts
While I am not a fan of government regulation, I'm curious why one has to test to get a driver's license, but all you need to do to operate a boat is to buy one....

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(gregg g @ Jun 16 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>While I am not a fan of government regulation, I'm curious why one has to test to get a driver's license, but all you need to do to operate a boat is to buy one....
We have them for cars, and how well do people drive?

I get your point though.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Trixie923 @ Jun 16 2009, 09:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This guy does it all the time. We were yelling at him last year as he had 3 girls on his swim platform of doing the same thing going up the river past our house. As they got to the bend and just about out of sight it looked like one of the girls was about to sit down on the swim platform....we were hoping she didn't dangle her legs behind the boat

Was it the type of boat I described? I wonder if it was the same guy. That's just soooooo wrong.

This is not the boat... borrowed this from Boat Trader.... not even sure if it was a Sea Ray... but it looked something along the line of this. Picture a small kid standing on the platform while the boat is driving... driver sitting in the captain's seat looking foreward.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(gregg g @ Jun 16 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Genius has it's limits, but stupidity knows no bounds.

Or as Ron White puts it:

"Folks, ya can't fix stupid"
Very true. But it is forever being further refined.

I can't stop thinking about this. The thought of my daughter sitting back there like that makes me ill!

·
Registered
129 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 16 2009, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(gregg g @ Jun 16 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Genius has it's limits, but stupidity knows no bounds.

Or as Ron White puts it:

"Folks, ya can't fix stupid"
Very true. But it is forever being further refined.

I can't stop thinking about this. The thought of my daughter sitting back there like that makes me ill!

Cool! A stupid refinery!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
QUOTE(Laguna @ Jun 16 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I can top that...
This boat was in front of me as I came in Sunday evening...

WOW Is this like a kids game Circle-How many things are wrong with this picture

Yikes

·
Registered
303 Posts
QUOTE(gregg g @ Jun 16 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>While I am not a fan of government regulation, I'm curious why one has to test to get a driver's license, but all you need to do to operate a boat is to buy one....

I'm not a fan of government either. curious though anyone can have a kid but need a test for a drivers license!

·
Registered
996 Posts
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 16 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was it the type of boat I described? I wonder if it was the same guy. That's just soooooo wrong.

This is not the boat... borrowed this from Boat Trader.... not even sure if it was a Sea Ray... but it looked something along the line of this. Picture a small kid standing on the platform while the boat is driving... driver sitting in the captain's seat looking foreward.

Yes, I don't think it was a Sea Ray but that style and approximate size of boat.

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Wow. How asinine can people be? There is one very negative outcome that can come of all these people's actions. Death! That prop down there will show NO mercy. What are these people thinking?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts