Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mind bringing my camera out and keeping people entertained with a few photo's here and there, but yesterday, one idiot in particular was incredibly vain. I'm 6'2", 215... I can definately handle myself...but as I was taking shots of a few LSCNer's this moron had the guts to shoot me in the head, with camera in tow. What made it worse, is that he did it a second time, after I accosted him. He was a little guy, and I could have squished him. What really irked me, was that I was already walking away after the first time. He turns to me and says, "Just walk away." I was walking away!!! To get away from him.

His friends got the hint when I mentioned that I was going to come aboard and that if had a problem, that all hell would break loose, so they grabbed him and his water wand...

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
You should have turned and started heading towards him again. He deserved more than just a lecture.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Funny that you would bring this up <_< I had a problem with a guy who was standing probably two feet away from me and shot me in the face and then started laughing hysterically. I am glad that my husband was there because my VERY well composed husband (who never has a temper) very kindly grabbed the guy by the back of the neck and told him that he needed to apologize to me and the guy asked what Kevin would do if he didn't apologize and Kevin explained to him that he would be forced to kick his a$$ and then make him apologize to me. The guy did apologize and what cracked me up was that Kevin NEVER even raised his voice to the guy. Even funnier, Kevin was just smiling and laughing the whole time but the guy was still terrified by him.

I don't mind if I get shot with a squirt gun but I hate geeting shot in the face. I think it is rude to shoot a women in their face and those squirt guns are powerful so it does hurt.

I agree with you MiaPhoto, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out not to shoot a guy with a camera and an expensive looking one at that.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
There will always be immature idiots around. I guess it's up to the rest of us to teach them lessons.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yeah!! we seen guys with a sling shot shooting water balloons. I know they think its all good fun, until one goes flying and hits a GPS or it smacks someone in the face. Tom also had his camera on board the minute we seen that thing the camera got put away and put under the cabin. sorry that crap goes on im glad knowone got hurt and that miaphotos camera was saved from harm.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Got beeaned with foot ball and water cannon... Just took the foot ball and threw it out side over all the boats..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Bobrob, I saw you do that. Kudos to you man.

I don't mind the footballs and the water guns, but control your stupidity. I mean, I was 10 feet away and he squirted me in the face. Now I was taking a picture, where do you think the camera was? I was going at him, and I had the Lake Norman guys with me. If I would have crushed him, how would have that looked? Besides, I don't need the reputation....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Some time i wonder about some people and how they think What is so funny about spraying a stranger in thre face with water.. And ruining a 300 dollar or more camera of someones,, Lack of consideration? lack of Brains? Or just rude..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to sound arrogant, but most of the Peeps know, aggressortom will tell also. More like $6,000. With the lens and camera I had. Yeah, I know I'm the fool that brought it out to the water, but sometimes it's just sooooo dang worth it....

·
Registered
309 Posts
My boat and the boat we were tied up next to had both had a water cannon on saturday and we were sitting on the back of our boats shooting EACH OTHER... not passers by, or anyone else, and I don't mind if somone walking by squirts the people on my swim platform, however this IDIOT walks by and decides he is going to join in between my boat and the boat next to us, so he starts letting my friends have it, which was pretty funny, however after about the 5th time, my friend Mariam was all set with is, so she got up and went inside the boat... so the JACKA$$ then starts shooting it into my boat, right through the door and into my cabin, so I nicely tell him that's enough, he is getting all our gear wet, he appologizes, take about 10 steps, and does THE SAME THING AGAIN! So at this point I start yelling at him and asking him if he would like to climb aboard and discuss the situtation... He takes another 10 or 15 steps grabs one of his friends and starts pointing at our boats... I'm glad I was on my friend Joe's boat at that moment because there were about 12 guys on it with us and they did the smart thing and decided to walk away...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who got upset about this! My wife and I were tied up next to a older 340 Sea Ray on Saturday, or should I say I tied this Sea Ray up to my boat Saturday, the tools did not even help tie up their own boat! When the boats shifted the bumper dropped and this jack a$$ stood on the bow of his boat and watched my wife attempt to put HIS fender between the boats while he talked on his cell phone!

Then they had this kid about 20 with a water cannon shooting all the women as they went and throwing water balloons at them. I hope that is the guy that Kevin grabbed! When my wife got shot I went off at him also!

I told me wife it was like kindergarten with the little boys picking on the girls! Amazingly enough it was all guys with no women on their boat! HMMM do you think they even wonder as to why they have no women onboard!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
I would have jumped off the boat, grabbed the cannon and did the same thing Bob did with the football (making sure the coast is clear ofcourse
)
Some people are idiots!!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
I feel ya with the water cannon idiots. I got hit once on sat just ridin the dinghy and that was enough. LEAVE THE SQUIRT GUNS AT HOME KIDS!. IDIOTS!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't they know that the what they are shooting in peoples' faces and sometimes in their drinks is half water and half urine. Totally grosses me out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Some people just don't think. I got hit w/a waterballoon while tubing in the Au Sable...This frickin balloon was launched from a huge hill and put a HUGE hole in my floatie! The water was over my head, my floatie went DOWN. I was buzzed, this is NOT a good thing. Mr. Sunbum, Mr. Loungello and others would have KILLED this idiot if they would have been able to get to him. Don't mess w/people in the water
!!!!!!

Oh, now we bring extra floaties JUST IN CASE!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am one of the idiots with a water cannon. However, I rarely squirt anyone that is not having a good time or with camera or into someone's boat. Mostly, I spray it straight up in the air and it falls on the passer bys. Having said that, I am sorry to hear about the gal that got it in the face and the one in the cabin would have upset me as well but guys come on, remember we are out in the water having fun! We are already wet! Sometimes I think we all just complain for something to talk about. The raft was awesome, no one was hurt ,arrested or sank. I take my hat off to everyone, where else but in the Moot can you have 4000+ people together and all we can complain about is water cannons?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just floored reading some of these posts.

Wow Sarah, Kevin handled the situation pretty good. I'm not sure if I would of done the same. That is complete BS.

Mia, complete BS for your situation also. These would be the same people that would get very pissed off if you squirted them in the face.

Bobrob, I'm not a fan of footballs being thrown around boats...one almost took off my antenna on my radar arch. You did the right thing.

Kelly1....please don't squirt others, even if it is up in the air. That water is nasty and full piss and other crap. If you know the people it might be funny, if you don't then it is your risk....some people might not handle their alcohol that well which could lead to a fight. No one wants any fights.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Hey MIA......

You Should have grabbed the cannon and stuck it right up that guys A$$. Now that would have been a picture seeing the water come out of his ears !!!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
QUOTE(Kelly1 @ Aug 9 2004, 12:43 PM)I am one of the idiots with a water cannon. However, I rarely squirt anyone that is not having a good time or with camera or into someone's boat. Mostly, I spray it straight up in the air and it falls on the passer bys. Having said that, I am sorry to hear about the gal that got it in the face and the one in the cabin would have upset me as well but guys come on, remember we are out in the water having fun! We are already wet! Sometimes I think we all just complain for something to talk about. The raft was awesome, no one was hurt ,arrested or sank. I take my hat off to everyone, where else but in the Moot can you have 4000+ people together and all we can complain about is water cannons?
Hey I agree with you that we are in the water and trust me, I do not mind getting splashed but I got shot right in the face two feet away from me by a squirt gun that probably shoots 30 or so feet so it did hurt and it wasn't just about getting splashed.

What was funny was that I saw the guy at Brown's later that night and right when I saw him I was holding a bottle of ketchup and I started to laugh to myself because I was thinking.....hmmmm, I wonder how he would feel if I shot this ketchup in his face. I didn't, but it was definitly worth the shot.

I was just simply thinking of arming P-29 with a water cannon next time. For those of you who know him, he can get relentless.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
QUOTE(MrsP-29fun police @ Aug 9 2004, 02:52 PM)[
What was funny was that I saw the guy at Brown's later that night and right when I saw him I was holding a bottle of ketchup and I started to laugh to myself because I was thinking.....hmmmm, I wonder how he would feel if I shot this ketchup in his face. I didn't, but it was definitly worth the shot.

Great job on the self contol there!!! Don't think I would have been able to control myself.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts