Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody can give me some info about this place ?
I am going there Today to set him up with my pizza program
How busy is this place?. I need more places in Harsens Island to make worth send
a truck . How much is for ferry for 12' truck ?
Any more stores , yacht clubs or bars in Island.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I went to a party there last year and it was jammed. They also just had a dinner to raise money for the volunteer firefighters on the Island and the lot was full and there were about 30 cars in the street. So they seem to do pretty good business. As for stores there is the market accross from Sans souci, and there is weavers market, the middle channel party store, south channel yacht club, The Old Club, Island Yacht club, Tashmoo party store, And the Golf course. I think that covers everything.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ May 6 2003, 05:50 PM)Does this mean we can go to Walker's and buy MadMax pizza?
I hope

For sure in Idle Hour Yacht Club

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What is mad max pizza? Seeing that I have a place on the Island and sometimes don't feel like firing up the grill I'm looking for some good food. So give me the lowdown on this mad max pizza

G

·
270: Hey, good to meet you last weekend!

Mad Max own's a pizza distribution center for Popa Joes Pizza. He is trying to get places like Walkers and the Marinas and Yaght clubs to carry his brand. And, he would be the supplier.

Got it? Good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been going to Harsen's 3-5 times a summer for 12 years, and I don't think I've ever seen the island too packed. Who knows though, they do have a golf course and a bunch of yacht clubs......Watch out for the rabbits on the road. Every time we go fishing there, we always see a bunch of rabbits on the road, sometimes having to swerve. Not to mention all the sharp turns with marsh/canals on the sides with reeds growing everywhere so you can't see around the turns.

I'm not sure for the 12ft truck, but normal ferry fee is $5. You can get yearly passes, too. Not sure how much, though.

Also, there's a place down the road from the Middle Channel party store called Minnich's boat rentals. They sell live bait, lures, pop, chips, candy, boat rentals. Not to mention they have a bathroom. Insanely nice people, I've known them for 12 years.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Max, sounds like a great deal. LSCN may be doing business with San Souci Landing in the heart of downtown. Ask for Barb or George.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Thank You again

Somebody stopped over Walkers Landing and ask for my pizza. She called me on Sunday and asked for the equipment. I will set this location on this week ( if i don't get stuck again in sandbar). Any idea how I can pass some discount to LSC members???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts