Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
We went to see the club yesterday... was wondering if anything about the place ...and your thoughts..

memebership is 2 for 1 till the end of March, works out to be 300 per boat. As well, they have rooms to rent for the season if you're a member... thats an additional cost but very inexpensive..., right on Harsens Island, small rooms but at least it a bed and it over looks the water.... not bad at all...

Most likely we'll join but wanted to see if anyone else may be interested??... its just around the bend from the moot...

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,425 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Feb 28 2004, 05:26 PM)We went to see the club yesterday... was wondering if anything about the place ...and your thoughts..

memebership is 2 for 1 till the end of March, works out to be 300 per boat. As well, they have rooms to rent for the season if you're a member... thats an additional cost but very inexpensive..., right on Harsens Island, small rooms but at least it a bed and it over looks the water.... not bad at all...

Most likely we'll join but wanted to see if anyone else may be interested??... its just around the bend from the moot...
What brought you up to Idle Hour?
We've been going for YEARS! Great parties!
Have considered membership, but never went through with it.
Lot's of great people in the club!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
can u rent a room there if your not amember and baot well slip for the night?

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
My frien Marc has been a member there for years he loves it. I've bewen there it's fun.
Any more questions ask Mark he will be at bumpers tonight

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Intimidator @ Feb 28 2004, 07:27 PM)I know the guy that bought it years ago. Don't know if he still owns it, but he's a good guy. It's pretty hard to beat that location too!
Idle Hour leases the property and buildings from Ken Baker. They have as long as I can remember. Idle hour is the last of 6 Hotels that were on the Island back in the early 1900's . When cars got better and people could drive upnorth 5 of the 6 mysteriously burned down.

They have run membership specials the last couple years. 6 of our Sand Point members joined this year. We usually have one of our outings there around their octoberfest time. Rerun went with me a couple years ago. Its a nice location and yes rubrob you can rent a slip there for the night. Pretty cheap like $25. for me. Don't see many offshores in there though.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the info!

Ken Baker is who we met with.. loved him immediately... not too worried about whether there are other offshores, just the people in general...

sent the cheque out yesterday after reading the input!!!...

just figured it would be nice for a change of pace once in a while. Being able to spend the night there will be awesome instead of trying to find our way back to Livonia on a Saturday night after spending the day at the moot... sleeping on the boat isn't much of an option at the marina since its rack stored...

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I'm guessing with all the people we know there....every weekend is going to be a party.

One thing, C-Girl....make sure you have your own water supply. They don't have safe drinking water at the slips. I think even the bathroom water states it's not safe....NCYC is the same way.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Feb 29 2004, 07:40 AM)Being able to spend the night there will be awesome instead of trying to find our way back to Livonia on a Saturday night after spending the day at the moot... sleeping on the boat isn't much of an option at the marina since its rack stored...

Whats wrong with Metro? Sat. in the moot, sat night metro, sunday in the moot.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ken Baker and his family are great and friendly people!!
I knew them when I belonged to NCYC. My brother took his daughter Samantha to his high school prom.
I haven't been to Idle Hour in a vedy vedy long time. When it first opened it seemed very nice.
I guess I'll just have to stop buy this summer.
Maybe another great party location to check out?!?!

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Feb 29 2004, 02:26 PM)apparently someone forgot to make the offshore with amenities...

Metro's always an option for sure!
My first boat was a 24' baja. We spent every weekend night at Metro for years. Used the showers there and slept in the cuddy cabin. What did we ever do with out AC?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sleeping on the boat is do-able actually...spent many nights out a Metro... the A/C thing would be nice though, we have a portable one.. but never used it. . I think Waterlogged still has it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Our cottage is about 200 yards away from the Idle Hour and I can tell you they have some pretty good parties a few times a summer. Also, its a good location-- not so far to drive if youve had a few soda's in the bay or on Gull.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.