Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
are friends' opinions on the person you are dating ALWAYS right (such as you should or should not be dating)?

have you ever had a SPECIAL connection (able to finish sentences for each other; thinking the same thing; having a feeling when the other is thinking of you; opinions are very similar; likes and dislikes are very smiliar) with the opposite sex that you never had with someone else, but the relationship didn't work?

are selfish people able to change to be a giving person?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I believe that two people can`t share one brain.....as described......Pretty soon that

cute crap gets old and tiresome...........and no I don`t base anything on what friends

say....I thank them for their imput but only you know for sure........You can only take

a chance and hope it works....Good luck to ya !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
if your heart pulls you in the someone's direction you'll never know unless you pursue it.
Been there, done that and got burned but at least i know vs. wondering and never knowing what could have been.

And i do believe people can change, i'm certainly not the woman i was 5 & 10 years ago.

Just my opinion, it probably means nothing to anyone but me.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
my obsessive-compulsive thoughts about a certain someone are getting the best of me.

be honest, anyone else like this?

am i going crazy?

i can't seem to follow the hierarchy of feelings (depression; anger; acceptance). i'm back and forth on the #1 and #2.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 2 2004, 12:47 PM)Just my opinion, it probably means nothing to anyone but me.

Not true !!!!!!! Everybody opinion means something to someone.....

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you realize what you lost after it was gone?

did you get it back?

did it work the second time around?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
You have to do what you have to do.....no one can tell you what to do. Although I will say that friends can see things that you always don't. Love is pretty blind to things that are obvious to others.

·
Registered
657 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 2 2004, 12:47 PM)if your heart pulls you in the someone's direction you'll never know unless you pursue it.
Been there, done that and got burned but at least i know vs. wondering and never knowing what could have been.

And i do believe people can change, i'm certainly not the woman i was 5 & 10 years ago.

Just my opinion, it probably means nothing to anyone but me.
Your opinion means a lot girl!

Do what is in your heart Del

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
if you're talking to me, it didnt work after three tries and i still have a heavy heart.

I wouldn't make any other choice though if i had a chance to do it again, and i still appreciate what was beautiful between us. I just wish it would have worked out, we're all old enough to know what it feels like to hurt. I hope you dont find yourself in that situation again.

I gotta get back to studying. I hope you make the best choice for yourself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
rerun sure said it right "Love is blind!" I still believe in that connection though. Eventhough I have been proven wrong in the past and probably again in the future, I always follow my heart and take that chance. Hopefully this time it's my turn to be right.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I believe that people do not change, but they can be tuned up or tweaked!
In the past, before marriage, I always listened to my friends..that is what they are there for. I guess it depends on what type of friends you have.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I agree that people don't change, they can modify and work on certain things, but their basic make-up cannot be changed. Especially if they are in their 30's or 40's.

I suppose the "second time around" thing could work if there wasn't too much hurt that made "the first time around" end.

Speaking from someone who loved a very selfish person in my past, selfish people are smart enough to pick giving people as their mates. The more you give, the more selfish they are. That doesn't usually change.

LIsten to your friends advice, but do what you want. Anything worth having is worth the risk.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
would i date someone my friends told me not to? yes. (i have <_< ) because in the first few weeks YOU'LL think everything is beautiful. BLINDED by the light, so to speak.

did my friends try to stop me on one or two bf's? yeah. did i listen? NO! HINDSIGHT IS 20/20!
(and i have been on the other end, too)

but one can only learn by their own mistakes. most people will not stop negitive things in thier lives until something truly bad happens. i have been hurt a lot and let down MANY MORE times. i think being let down hurts the worst.

BE STRONG, DEL! YOU ROCK!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts