Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all employees of Michigan schools that spend any time alone with students have to get a background check that includes a personal FBI report every couple years or whatever. It has always been paid for by the other school district in my past, but Romeo wants the report before employment, and, they want me to pay for it. $65.00. Now since I am paying for it, shouldn't I get to say what I want in it, or not in it???

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
is old one within the tw year period? maybe its still good until it expires and you can get a copy....cause if theres one thing the gov't REEEEEEALY good at making, its paperwork.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Seems like it would defeat the purpose (for the school district) if you could "have things left out" for example - I would think a standard format would be required that addresses all the areas they would want to see... JMO, no offense to anyone please! And don't forget that job search costs like that can be tax deductible

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(searay28 @ Oct 1 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i wonder if your stalking of breadonna will show up on your record.

I let it go every once in a while, but then she ................. reminds me.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Oct 1 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So all employees of Michigan schools that spend any time alone with students have to get a background check that includes a personal FBI report every couple years or whatever. It has always been paid for by the other school district in my past, but Romeo wants the report before employment, and, they want me to pay for it. $65.00. Now since I am paying for it, shouldn't I get to say what I want in it, or not in it???

While that would be nice, I'm not sure it works that way

·
Registered
245 Posts
I work for a school district. All employees had to be fingerprinted and have a background check by the State Police. District paid for it... as it was a mandatory condition of continued employment. New employees have to pay for their own because.... why should the taxpayers pay for all these checks for people that won't pass them. We are required to report any offenses to the district that fall into certain categories or face dismissal.

Good luck on the new job.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Mini @ Oct 1 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>you are soley responsible for whats in it Al, but you cannot edit it.

I blame others for me stealing Pegleg's Corvette in Port Clinton and driving it home in '02.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.