Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have enough money for 3 times the house I have... or a nicer house, a boat and a motorcycle.

That was such a sobering blow to realize...

What would you do if you didn't have any debt?

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
If I didn't have any debt, Hmmmm....
My wife and I have talked about retiring in St. Thomas, USVI. Spending the fall, winter and spring there and then returning to Michigan for the summer. A much larger boat would be in the picture along with a Harley motor cycle.. We have new cars now but maybe a Corvette. But, putting me into a Corvette now seems like reverse Engineering.. I wish that I had a Vette when I was younger... Soon we will be out of Debt when my last child graduates from College... I just hope that I don't have to start paying for my grand-daughter!!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Lets see.... i would move to a house on the water instead of living a block and a half away, and would have a bigger boat. Also travel more than I do now. I think of what we can have and it makes me want to vomit. Been workin' on getting it out of our hair and it won't be too long...

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(rumpshaker @ Sep 16 2003, 10:56 AM)I woud probably get in more debt and buy a boat like XO's
What about the one you had dinner on Saturday?

as far as the no debt thing...... not work?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My house, car, boat, and motorcycle are my debt.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd probably just ride my motorcycle around, hang out with LSCN peeps, play around on the internet, maybe take a few classes to keep busy... hey, wait a second!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
If I had no debt and enough money, I would get a pilot's license, buy the Upper Peninsula and kick every one out. Then I would invite all my friends up hunting.

·
Registered
366 Posts
even if i didnt have any debt I couldnt afford the boat i had dinner on saturday ,,us peeons cant live like the rock star hammer is !!!!!

by the way your gonna make a good wife some day sweetie!!!!!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Without a house and truck payment. I would be looking at something like Hammer's boat. Maybe the next size down.

In reality in the spring I expect to continue chasing the American dream of having it all by going deeper into debt and getting on the water with what ever I can afford.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Personal money management is a long learning process. IMO very important but not taught well in schools with bad habits learned from friends and family.

I like Hammer's idea of not working, or at least have more free (non work) time available. Buying a vaction place down south has a certain apeal too (rental $ and personal trips).

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I agree with Hammer not working or work alot less. It is a catch 22, work more to buy nice things so you can unwind from working.

·
Registered
585 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Sep 16 2003, 10:53 AM)If I didn't have any debt, Hmmmm....
My wife and I have talked about retiring in St. Thomas, USVI.
HEY....thats our plan also. I can retire from UM with full benefits in 10 years, however we will only be 47...so are plan is to sell everything here, buy a 80-100 yacht and charter it out of the Virgin Islands. We will be Divemasters by then too. You interested??? LOL

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I'd take my oldest on an extended european vacation. Get a decent house and stop driving around in nice "family" cars.

Hang out in Birmingham, perpetrating that I am somebody and then leave them trashy walletsniffers in the dirt after I have my way with them!!
(But I'm not bitter really!!)

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(traveler @ Sep 16 2003, 02:45 PM)I'd take my oldest on an extended european vacation.
so you could say ' look kids! big ben, parliament!' while trying to drive!

i'll get you a beret that says 'mikey' on it, opposed to 'rusty' as long as you don't throw it off the eiffel tower! lol!

what would i do.... hmmm... buy a house on houghton lake, buy a big fun boat like hammers or jetskis, and party a lot.

then i'd go power shopping, but still throw parties! lol!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(rumpshaker @ Sep 16 2003, 12:15 PM)by the way your gonna make a good wife some day sweetie!!!!!
i knew you were looking at hammer kinda funny! now i know why, two-timer! lol!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Sep 16 2003, 02:59 PM)QUOTE(rumpshaker @ Sep 16 2003, 12:15 PM)
by the way your gonna make a good wife some day sweetie!!!!!
i knew you were looking at hammer kinda funny! now i know why, two-timer! lol!

You two are too much!!!!

Now, back to the original thread. If I didn't have any debt, I definately couldn't be a boat owner.

BOAT = BIG DEBT!!! Bigger the boat, the bigger the debt.....simple math.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts