Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know about ya'll, but the best bubble bath i've found is at the dollar store, and i love walmart's prices. if you became rich, would you still shop the way you do now?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
no i would buy cadillacs and wipe my butt with velvet toilet paper, but still pleasure myself, š, è , darn european keyboards, 4,5 times a day, because no woman wants to in the states for me.....

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
YEP! I'd still go to Target, Walmart.......and Eddie Bauer......Marshall Fields.....Kohl's and Meijer's.

But, I would have a bigger boat
with all the luxuries mine already has.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
just a bigger boat .. newer car... and weekend condo on the water.. for boating.. still would do the meijers store thing. and home depot

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Not big on shopping either, so doubt I would change my habits there. Actually, I would hire someone to shop for me.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
OH YAH!! I would change most of my shopping habits. Still looking for great deals of course, just at better stores. As for groceries....I would be all over Papa Joes and Whole Foods...Why not just let them make the food!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I think I would stay the same just buy a boat big enough for Ted Nugent to play on the bowe and a land yacht for traveling the winter months.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lot of the same stores - Meijer, Walmart, Target, JC Penny, - just more stuff probably.

but would get a NEW pickup instead of a 2-3 year old one like we usually do.

Also Bigger/Newer boat - Pyrate's goal is still a 40 ' boat by the time he's 40 - gives me two years.

More property and a house with a basement or on a canal.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I would buy ALL of the big ticket items, like a nicer house, big ol boat (maybe 2, 1 fast and 1 comfy) and a new Vette.
As far as the every day stuff….If it works why change it. I have known a few people "with money" and for the most part they are very frugal. That is one reason why they STILL have money. How many horror stories have you heard of lottery winners blowing all of there money in a few years?

To add to this discussion would you continue to work in some capacity or just retire and live it up?

I would take a long time off, at least a year and do some traveling. Eventually I would get board because all of my friends would be stuck at work during the week. If I didn't need any new income I would find a worthwhile charity to donate time to during the week. Children's leukemia foundation or something like that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Possibly still work for a while - just depends.
Might look into starting our own business ~ who knows?

Right now, I'm glad to be working.

·
12,052 Posts
Yeah, I'd still shop at Neiman Marcus, Saks, Lord & Taylor, Gucci, and Armani, just like now.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
the one who dies with the most toys wins...

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I would still shop at the same places....But I might start buying all the brand name

stuff....Oh and hell yes a bigger boat.... New SUV....And a Orange County Chopper

in my garage....

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
are we talking big fat lotto money...like 60-75 mill take home after lump some and taxes.... yeah lets see at 7% interest (cause every bank would want my account) living on 4 mill a year after a couple large purchases. For instance, 500-600k house here on 10-20 acres on the water with a big pole barn for storage, one in florida, cali, and up north, lotsa a travelin' (would have to bring all my poor friends cause I'd get bored too), 2or3 custom choppers and sportbikes, a fleet of classic muscle cars, one or two ferrrai's, and a 40ft tuna boat, 35-40 ft go fast, condo at put-in-bay, upteenth bumpteenth little electronic gadgets and toys.........

would I change and not shop at meijers? no I dont think so, but I haven't really thought about it that much.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A new boat would be the first thing on my list, along with a few other toys. As far as shopping goes, I do most of it on the internet, but I would imagine I'd shop at the same stores.

If I had a LOT of money, I doubt I'd be working full time for someone else. I'd more than likely open my own business doing something I like. Nothing too big though, that would be more work than actually working!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I'd get a good nights deep sleep because I could finally have some peace of mind!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts